𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝑫𝒐 2.08

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

I WAS IN CULTURE SHOCK WITH
Emily and Riley, they had invited me. So, of course, I said yes, mostly to get away from James. Emily was talking about how her mom almost washed the kittens in the laundry, but I was so lost in thought. "You guys want to know what happened with James last night?" I blurted it out.

Both Emily and Riley gave me a puzzled look. "What happened?" Emily asks as Riley quirks an eyebrow. "You guys know we won the Nationals duet with I love, but when I went to tell James, he was there with Beth. Kissing." I breathe out. "What?" Emily asks, shocked.

"I don't think he saw me, but-" "Wait, how long were they kissing?" Emily asks. "Does that even matter? He kissed someone who wasn't me." I express it in a panicked voice. "Noelle, calm down." Riley says placing her hand on mine.

"You have to talk to him. You don't know the full story. You really want to lose it all?" Emily asks in a soothing voice.

"If I give James a chance to talk, maybe he'll say it was a mistake, or he'll laugh in my face and walk away."

"You can't jump to conclusions with your heart, okay? Either you're gonna get hurt or he's gonna get hurt." I drown out Emily as I notice James walking closer to us with a grin. "You just have to pack that picnic and get out of here like me and Riley are about to do to wash our cat."

Emily and Riley leave in a not-so-subtle way, leaving me alone with James. "Those two are whack. What's up?" James asks, taking a seat, his smile not fading. "Nothing; I'm alright. How was rehearsal with Beth last night?" I asked with a blank face.

"I want him to look me in the eye and tell me the truth. I want him to only want me."

"It was good; we really got some more progress with the dance. So, I'm starting to feel really comfortable with it." Yeah, James, you also got really comfortable with something else. "So everything's all good? Nothing happened at rehearsal? Nothing out of the ordinary?" I asked, tilting my head slightly.

"No, same old." He answers, unbothered. Everything in me holds me back from yelling at him. Everything in me holds me back from ending it with him right here, right now.

"When he lies to my face, it just means that the kiss meant something. If it meant nothing and I did, he should have told me."

I continue to bombard James with questions, hoping he'll slip up, but he never does. "What's going on, Noelle?" James asks, leaning forward.

I scoff, "That's real funny, because I went to the music room last night to tell you how we got the duet, and I walked in to see you and Beth kissing." I say harshly, not breaking eye contact as I also lean forward.