one: family matters

Addison slowly gets up from bed rubbing here eyes as she rises. The sound of the shower running is in the background. There had just been a giant hurricane and yet of course her house was perfectly fine. She had electricity, cell service and running water. The shower turns off and her boyfriend walks out with a towel covering his lower half.
"Morning babe" Rafe says as he grabs some clothes from his bag and begins getting dressed. Addison just gives him a smile as she is not much of a talker in the morning.
"I have to go help my dad with cleanup after Agatha but I'll see you later for the bonfire okay" he says "okay" she responds before he gives her a short peck on the lips and leaves.

She immediately facetimes Sarah. "Soooo you coming over to pregame the bonfire or what?" Addison says
"Obviously. I'll be there by 7" Sarah says
"Perfect, I'll see you then" I say
"Do you know who the DD is?" she asks 
"Kelce I think"
"Perfect. Well I'm gonna go help my dad I'll see you later"

     Addison hangs up the phone. She throws on a pair of black jean shorts an a red tank top before heading downstairs. Her mom is passed out on the couch, per usual, and her brother is nowhere to be see, again, as per usual. She walks to her kitchen and begins to scour the fridge for something to eat. She pulls out something covered in mold "fucking great" she mumbles "all the money in the world and yet nothing to eat". She settles on a bowl of cheerios and sit's down at her kitchen island. She stares at the family photo on the wall. The truth is, it wasn't always like this. They used to have family brunch on the weekends and they would talk and laugh. She would go over to big John's house and she would mess around with John B, JJ and Pope. Then her dad was hit by a drunk driver. A fucking touron hit him and her world stopped. Her mom started drinking, her brother stopped talking to her and she cut off her friends. They replaced her with a super cool hippie chick. She started high school and became a kook. She started going out with Rafe when she was 15. He was 19 and had just graduated and he helped her ignore her problems.  It wasn't like she had completely changed who she was. She's still that sarcastic girl who lights up a joint at 2 am and takes one too many shots with her friends.

     Addison walks over to where her mom was sleeping on the couch. She shakes her gently.
"Hey mom, it's getting a little late I just wanted to let you know" her mom lets out a mumble.
"Also we are getting low on groceries so maybe we should place an order with Heyward's" Addison tries to gently parent her own parent.
"Yeah hun, place an order just use my card" her mom says. She nods. Expected. Love playing the parent at 17.
"Okay momma. Do you need any water?" Addison says
"i'm okay baby thanks though" her mom says. Addison takes a deep breath before returning to her room. Her room was her fortress, the place she could decompress. It used to be the master bedroom, but her mother let her have it when her dad died. She said it was too painful to sleep in. In all honesty it was painful for Addison too, so she completely redecorated. She covered all four walls with posters and memorabilia. It was a sanctuary.

7pm had rolled around and her and Sarah were getting ready to leave.
"Is it cold, should I wear pants and long sleeves or dress like a whore" Addison asks holding up different clothes in the mirror.
"When has the cold ever stopped you from dressing like a whore" Sarah says
"Dressing like a whore is what I do best" Both girls fall into a fit of laughter
Addison decides a dark grey pair of jeans and a black bralette with a fishnet top over it.
"best of both worlds" she says before downing a shot of tequila.
"God I love you" Sarah says
"I know" Addison smirks

Her and Sarah became friends after her dad died. Ward wanted to help their family out so they all became kind of close. Sarah was the person she would call if she had to hide a body, even though it would probably be the other way around.

Addison opened the drawer of her bedside table and quickly stuffs her vape and a couple joints in her pocket, before walking down to greet the guys. They all pile in Kelce's Jeep before heading to the boneyard.  Sarah takes the front while Addison squeezes between her boyfriend and her brother in the backseat.

"I swear if there is so much of an ounce of pda I will throw up" Topper says   "I second that" Sarah raises her hand.

Rafe looks at me with a smirk and I place my head on his shoulder.

"Okay that is ALL I will accept" Topper states.

Addison started dating Rafe a few months after her dad died. She had matured so much in those months that she didn't really think twice about dating a nineteen year old. Their parents couldn't be happier, it was like they were the two ruling families of Kildare County.