XVIII

Fiona and Hailey were once best friends back in their college days. They met at the school gym and quickly bonded. They finished each other's sentences, ate on the same dish and even loving the same action hero,Bad Patty. They kinda shared everything together but one thing they couldn't share was boyfriends and that would be the cause of their friendship crashing down. Hailey and Fiona were on their usual run when they saw an handsome guy staring at them. That guy was Greg (the one Hailey saw at the restaurant). He was an athletic, “charming" and in a volleyball team. He looked like the complete package. Both of them drooled over him. Fiona caught Hailey stealing glances at him one afternoon. He was at the cafeteria munching on an hamburger when Hailey watch him and daydreamed of having a family with him. Fiona scared her with a little roar. She noticed Greg and immediately knew what Hailey wanted.
“You're not gonna steal him away
from me,are you. He's the one,Hailey.
The one I wanna..." Hailey grunted loudly getting her to shut up.
“You haven't even said a word
to him and anyway,how are you
sure he feels the same way for either of us?".

Fiona narrowed her eyes into a frown. She couldn't believe Hailey could be so jealous.
“Oh,so you can have him,uh.
Is that it?.I'm not gonna leave
the guy I love for anyone not even you". Greg heard the commotion. He grinned. He'd overheard their whole talk. Hailey rolled her eyes,folded her arms.
“You can have him, I don't give a shit".
Fiona stormed out of there angrily. Hailey scoffed. She was about to leave when Greg blocked her way. She tried getting away from him but he just wouldn't bulge.
“I don't have time for this right now, Greg". Greg smiled his most flirting smile but Hailey wasn't having it. She pushed past him and walked away. Greg screaming at her to come back.
Hailey enters her room and laid  her bed. She was about to doze off when Fiona and some group barged in waking her up.
“What are you doing here so
late?. Get them out of our room, Fiona?". Holly,Fiona and few others approached Hailey smiling and laughing as they held ropes. Hailey sensed something and tried to escape but was too tired to resist. She was tied down; arms and feet were tied on the edges of the bed.
“That's gonna tell you
never to mess with my man, ever again,let's go team".
They all exited the room leaving Hailey struggling to get unstuck. Angry tears began pouring from her eyes. How could Fiona do this to her? They were like sisters yet she betrayed their bond. It took Hailey minutes to finally break free. She was too exhausted to go and complain. She laid on her pillow and crowd herself to sleep. Meanwhile Fiona and her group of arrogant bitches sat at the cafeteria. Fiona kept staring at Greg.
“Go talk to him,Fiona.
He's checking you out too".
“Is he really looking this way?". Asked Fiona. Becca nudged her to look and when she did, Greg was beside her. She smiled shyly at him. Greg stroked Fiona's hair gently as her friends awned and wowed. Fiona signaled with her eyes at them to go sit at the other table. They nodded as they left one by one. Greg took Fiona's arms and just like that,both of them became the newest couples.