6

I wake up with a headache and unfamiliar surroundings. I rub my eyes as I breathe in this new house scent, not bad, but not amazing either. A house smell. As more of my consciousness wanes in, I feel a chest against my back and large arms around me.

I immediately jump out of bed, falling onto the floor. I look at the bed to see a Mr. Goodman sound asleep. What. The. Fuck. I start to flip through the pages in my head, trying to remember what the actual hell happened the night before. Nothing comes up. A slight soreness down there indicates that we did more than cuddle a bit. Good God. Do I leave? I stare at the shirtless man, having no idea what to do. He looks peaceful. Slight vocals as he breathes in and out. Like a whisper. As I calm down, part of me is telling me to get back in bed with him. As I'm standing there, he groggily rubs his eyes and groans, putting a hand on his head. "...Mr. Goo- Saul?" I murmur. He jumps a bit, forgetting I was here. "Y/N! What are you doing here?" I look around. "I was wondering the same thing." Realization dawns on his face. "We sat for a drink together... You got totally smashed, so I offered for you to stay at my place... Then we..." And he stopped there. I began to frantically apologize. He stopped me.

He put a white t-shirt on and sat on the bed. "I've taken a bit of a liking to you... and judging from last night, I can guess you have to me as well." He stated. I just nodded. He stood up and kissed me. My eyes widened, but I also sank into the kiss. Something keeps telling me I love him, but I don't even know him well.

He grabbed my hand, led me out to his living room, gave me a blanket, and asked if I wanted breakfast. I smiled and said yes, and he started making me bacon and eggs. He has a nice kitchen. I guess that's what happens when you're a famous lawyer.

After about 10 minutes, he brings me a plate. "Be careful, they're hot," he warns. I nod and take a bite anyway. "Not that hot. It's really good though, thank you." He chuckles and has a seat next to me. "Aren't you going to eat?" I ask. He shakes his head. Not hungry, I guess. After a bit of silence, I say, "So... what now?" He stops and looks at me, then takes a deep breath.

"If you're asking about a relationship..." He pauses. "If you're asking about a relationship, we should stay professional. I'd be lying to you if I told you I wanted it to remain that way, but I can't be with my secretary..." With those words, my heart drops. I simply nod and put my food down. I stand and start to gather whatever I came in with. "Wait, I didn't mean..." I stop him by giving him a look and exiting the house. I'll get an Uber or something.

I barely know the guy. Why do I want him so badly? He probably finds women just like me all the time, right? I mean, he's rich, he isn't too bad in the looks department, he's sweet... whatever. I just need to focus on my job. I'd quit, but I make too much money to just throw it away.