Chapter 4

(Y/N)'s (e/c) orbs flashed open as soon as she heard a pained yell. She groans, her jaw clenching as she raises the blanket sheets over her head.

Valentino had dropped the girl off after they ate in the diner. As soon as she got home, sleepiness began to consume her. The girl changed out of her dress into a pink knitted tank top with hot shorts. She wanted nothing more than to sleep.

"MOTHERFUCKER!" another voice curses loudly.

Peeking her head out from beneath her duvet, (Y/N) glances toward the digital clock on her bed. She groans realizing it was 3:18 am. Suddenly, she overheard the sound of glass shattering. With gritted teeth, she shoves the bed sheets off of her and jumps out of bed. Cascading from her armchair was a matching robe. She doesn't bother to tie it as she throws it on.

Opening her closet, the girl pulls out a metal bat. If she wasn't going to be able to sleep then no one will.

Slamming open the door of her penthouse apartment, (Y/N) storms down the hall where the yells came from. With her bat over her shoulder, the girl kicks the locked door open. The sturdy door collapses to the ground and (Y/N) stomps over top of it as she storms inside the penthouse.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" the girl shrieks.

The several men in the room freeze. Wearing black ski masks and black clothes, at least four men were gathered in the room. Glancing at them, (Y/N) noticed a familiar man with dreadlocks. The young man was in a fighting stance with clenched fists protecting his face. The young man's hands were bleeding at the knuckles, his dark skin split open and bruised.

"Hey, what's your face, I'm trying to sleep," (Y/N) glared at him.

Noticing the dip of the tank top to her cleavage and how the hot shorts accentuated her legs and bottom, one of the men flirts, "Hey, pretty lady."

"Shut up, Al," another attacker hisses, punching him in the shoulder.

"Get out of here, girlie if you know what's good for you," the third man with a knife glared at her.

"If you're going to fight, keep it down!" the girl snarls.

The attackers laugh. "Or what?" another man taunts.

In an instant, (Y/N) swings her metal bat. With a loud thump, the man falls to the ground. His ski mask was soaked with his blood, and the side of his head was split open.

The man that flirted with her suddenly pulls out a knife. He rushes at her, swiping his switchblade wildly at (Y/N) only to get hit in the hand by her bat. He yelps. (Y/N) then turns around, flipping her bat into her other hand to hit the man in his crotch.

In disbelief the other two men were stunned. Taking this chance, Maverick seizes one of them from behind and puts him in a headlock. He begins to choke him only for the man to slam the back of his head into his face. Maverick stumbles back, his nostrils spilling with blood.

Maverick growls, glaring at the man.

A whistle rings from behind the man. Maverick glances over and suddenly (Y/N) throws the bat. Maverick catches the weapon. The man roundhouse kicks at the male actor, but Maverick dodges in time. He ducks, sliding over beneath the man before standing at his attacker's side. The man had unfortunately caught his heel into the counter of Maverick's personal bar.

Taking this opportunity, Maverick slams the bat on the man's knee, causing it to break with a sickening crack. The man releases a horrifying screech only to become louder as Maverick smashes the back of the man's standing leg. The injured man collapses to the ground. Maverick swings the bat over his head and slams it down over his head, knocking his attacker out.