The baby

I smile, feeling Stephens hands gently rubbing my belly.

My eyes open, and I find him under the blanket, speaking quietly against my belly.

"I haven't really gotten to know you these past few months...I'm looking forward to meeting you, and making up for that."he says softly, causing me to smile again.

"..I hope you don't get sick like your daddy...I don't want mommy to have to take care of us both..she does so much.."

My smile fades a bit as I feel him kiss my belly.

"Stephen?"I say softly.

Suddenly he lifts his head and the blanket rises to where I see his face.

"Oh, good morning."he says, causing me to chuckle.

"What were you two talking about down there?"I ask as he sits up.

"Oh nothing, just trying to figure out her likes and dislikes."he says as I move closer to him.

He wraps his arms around me as I chuckle.

"Oh really. Still convinced it's a girl?"I say.

"Absolutely. A tiny little clone of her mother, with golden eyes and dark hair. Freckles."he says before peppering my cheeks with kisses.

I giggle as he kisses my neck playfully.

"I like your confidence."I say softly.

He smiles as he leans down, pressing a few kisses to my lips.

There's a soft knock on the door and then Priscilla speaks.

"Excuse me sir, there's a man here to see you."

He breaks our gentle kiss with a sigh and looks towards the door.

"Is it important?"he calls.

"Well, remember that person you told me to alert you immediately if they appeared?"

"That son of a bitch. Goldie, stay here, I'll bring you breakfast."he says before pecking my lips.

"Oh. Okay."I smile softly as he gets up.

....

Stephen groans as he closes the door behind himself.

"Is it really him?"Stephen asks, folding his arms.

"Yes sir. He says he'd like to discuss the dinner you all agreed on."Priscilla says.

"Dinner? I didn't think he was serious."Stephen says as he walks with her towards the elevator doors.

"I wonder if this has anything to do with Helen."Priscilla says.

"Don't start, I'm not feeling well already."he says with a huff as he presses the elevator button.

She shrugs as they both step inside.

....

After the shirt ride, they arrive in the lobby where Loic was waiting, chatting with the receptionist.

He looks up as the elevator dings.

"Stephen! Good morning!"Loic says, walking over and offering a handshake.

"Mr. Williams. You weren't joking about dinner."Stephen says, making Loic chuckle.

"Oh come on. Think of it as an im sorry. I'm turning over a new leaf."Loic smiles.

"To be honest Loic, I'm not sure I'm interested in reconciling with you. And I'm pretty convinced that's not exactly what you're here for either."Stephen says.

Loic's smile fades into a smirk as he glances towards Priscilla.

"Mind if we chat in private, Stevie?"

Stephen looks at Priscilla and she huffs before walking away.

"What are you really here for, Loic?"

Loic sighs.

"Well. I'm here for my kid, Stephen."Loic nods.

Stephen scoffs.

"Wow. Your daft. You can't be serious."Stephen says.

"Well, I don't know if you knew Stephen, but Goldie and I had a little thing going on."Loic smirks.

"Loic, I haven't the time for this. I don't know what game your trying to play but I doubt it will work. Goldie is happy."Stephen shrugs.

A glimpse of anger flashes in Loic's eyes and he sighs.

"Loic, I'm a very powerful man. I'd like you to leave Goldie be, or else I'll be forced to take matters into my own hands."

This instantly causes Loic to chuckle.

"Are you threatening me?"he asks.

"Do you feel threatened?"

Loic leans down a bit, looking into Stephen's eyes.

".....no.."

Then he chuckles.

"Tell Goldie I stopped by then, will you? Friend?"Loic chuckles before backing away.

"We're not friends. The only thing we have in common is her, Loic."Stephen says as Loic turns away, putting his hands in his pockets as he walks away.

"Yeah. At least I fucked her for free though."

Stephen's nostrils flare as Loic leaves the building.

....

I walk over to the large stone gate that guarded the balcony.

I look down over it, rubbing my belly as I looked out to the city.

I could never get tired of this view.

I hear the elevator door ding and I look back, seeing Stephen coming towards me.

"Hi."I smile as he walks over and cups my cheeks.

He pecks my lips and then hugs my head to his chest, taking a deep breath.

"Is everything alright?"I ask.

He only nods.

"Darling, why don't you go out? Have some time to yourself. I'm going to run into the office."he says.

"Are you sure you're feeling well enough to do that?"I ask, making him chuckle.

"Yes of course. And I'm sure the baby could use some things, right?"he smiles as he watches me become visibly excited.

"Well, okay. But you'll go home if you're not feeling well right?"I ask, making him chuckle as he kisses my lips.

"I promise."

I smile, blushing as he pulls out his wallet, opening it and plucking a fancy black card from the inner pocket.

"Here, go crazy."he says, handing me the card.

I gasp with excitement, taking the card and then slowly waddling towards the bedroom to get dressed.

...