005. when stars collide

"first i wanna talk about last weekend. i was very disappointed. every single one of you could have done better. moving on, i want to forget about it." miss abby started off

i thought back to last week. it was pretty good: i got third on my solo, ruby got second, and we made up a dance to our favourite songs. i didn't really want to forget about that.

miss abby flipped the board around, and everybody could see the pyramid results. maddie was on top again, and then me! next was brooke and nia, and on the bottom was chloe, paige, vivi, and kenzie.

"what's gonna happen this weekend?" abby asked.

"the aldc showcase!" paige said as miss abby wrote it on the chalkboard.

"yes, thank you. we will be doing the new number 'sugar daddies' at the showcase"

"maddie, you won the overall high score of the entire competition. boom. matilda, you were great, you got third with your solo. i can really see you dancing and winning like maddie in the future."

i was quite happy with my comment but i didn't understand why she had to add the thing about maddie.

"brooke, you did a pretty good job. you just looked a bit apathetic on the stage. nia. you forgot the solo, kept dancing, made it up, and finished with the music. chloe, you did a great job. there were some other situations. i would like to see that attitude improve on stage, ok? you never know who's watching you." abby said sternly, silently reprimanding christi.

"paige, you forgot your solo, and you froze like a deer in headlights. that hasn't happened to me in twenty-five years. you embarrassed yourself, me and the studio. you cannot do that again. vivi-anne, we really need to clean up your counting skills and technique. mackenzie, i thought we had it in the bag with you, but you didn't, that's what matters." she finished off.

"now, i have a few surprises during the showcase. i don't wanna put pressure on you, but in the audience at the showcase, I'd going to be an agent looking to seek new talents and looking for new clients to sign."

when i saw the other girls gasp, i did too. i didn't realise you had to have an agent in acting: i thought that you just became famous off of dancing or something, and they gave you an awesome movie to star in.

"moms... you are going to be performing in the show, as well." miss abby revealed, and i smile happily, because mommy said once that if she could, she would go back in time and be a dancer like our babcia- her mommy, but i saw brooke go all red and cover her face.

"cathy, you will be the choreographer." miss abby added, and the moms started to look even more worried about the dance.

"ooh, you guys are in trouble!" cathy laughed, and i think i saw christi's face go a bit paler.

"nationals is getting closer and closer. with every competition, you get better, and you get stronger. so, the showcase is going to be a nice chance to entertain, rather than to compete. but it's all leading up to nationals, because what do we want to do?" miss abby questioned.

"win!" i shout back with the others.

"okay, you got it. all right! moms, go ahead, you're dismissed. my two little ones, you are not in the group routine. mackenzie, matt is running your tap group in studio b, and matilda, your group will be taking yearbook photos in studio c. it's solos first, so i suggest you change into your costume in the den."

°•☆•°•☆•°•☆•°

i missed the moms doing their dance practice because of the stupid photos yesterday. i came out of studio c still wearing my white tights and pastel pink tutu for my ballet dance 'my heart belongs to daddy', when the girls were practicing one of their other numbers 'rag dolls'. kenzie was also outside the studio in the den, and that's when she told me i missed it. i just kinda wished someone would've come and got me, but at least it'll be a surprise on the day.