morning to morning

Mysta woke up back in his bed, uncertain as to what had happened the moment after he finished calling Isaac. He got up, rubbing his head. "Damn, what the fuck..." every bone in his body had felt sore. Looking at himself in the mirror, he realized that he had worn his work clothes to sleep. Groaning in annoyance he went to go change out of them.

Hearing the commotion, Mika ran in to go check and see Mysta up and out of bed. "Oh hey, glad to know you're alive," she stated, watching him running around his entire room looking for his things. After seeing him pass out last night, she was getting worried for his health.

"What the hell happened to me last night?"
"You passed out probably from over exhaustion," he sighed, not surprised of the cause, "wait- are you seriously going to go somewhere right now?" She questions, seeing him put on a coat.

"Don't worry, I'm just going to meet up with a friend who offered me a cafe hangout," Mysta replied, putting on his signature hat with fox ears and heading out the door. Before he could leave however, Mika held him back.
"Wha- Mika?"
"Don't you remember what Fulgur said when we last saw him?!" Mika shouted.
"This isn't the same situation Mika!"
"How?! How is it not?! Break it down, Mysta! Similar situation, similar possible outcome!"

He stopped. She was right, he couldn't deny that at a least. "Yeah... I know, Mika. I know.." Even though stating this, he pulled his arm away from Mika.
"Mysta-"
"Please, Mika," He looked at her, complete seriousness in his eyes. It was rare to see him like this out of job.

Mysta understood her worry. She's been his friend for even before he began to be a detective, of course she'd be worried for his safety. Especially during right now, when one of their own has been killed.

"I'm not unfamiliar with these kinds of arrangements. I trust my self-consciousness to know if he's planning something," he stated, hoping to move her a little bit. She still stayed grounded, but showed sign of wanting to change her mind.

"I just need you to trust me, that I'll be okay. If I'm not, expect a message in the first 10 seconds. I promise, I'll be fine." Mika trusted him and his ability, she really did. But with the fact a murderer is on his very tail and could be using the same trick on him as he did Fulgur.

"Alright, alright. Just stay safe okay?" Mysta nods, finally leaving out the door.
———————————————————————
Mysta arrived at the cafe, messaging Isaac for when he'll arrive as well. Isaac replied shortly after, saying he'll be there soon. With the time he had, Mysta chose to reserve a table and set up some other places to go if the hangout went on a bit longer than what was planned.

Of course, a detective can't go anywhere unprepared for every situation, so Mysta carried some items recommended to bring by Shu and some recommended by Mika. Some items such as tissues, cough drops, gum, a notepad with a pen, some pepper spray and lastly, a taser. He looked at the items that laid in his bag, remembering the conversation he had with Mika and Shu.

"So, you mean to tell me that I drove here, to give advice on what to bring to a date-" Shu was cut off by Mysta who was shouting about how it was a simple hang out, not a date. Mika nodded and listed off her things, the taser and the pepper spray. Shu looked at Mysta, wondering what kind of date he'd be on if this was what Mika recommended.

"Yeah trust me Shu, it's needed," Mika said. Shu shrugged it off and listed off some things he had brought and used when he himself went on some dates with his now fiancé, Luca. Mysta jotted down everything Shu said, and added what he thought was most important out of that list. One more look at what was in his bag, Shu and Mika said everything seemed ready to go.

Although with that, Mysta felt like he forgot something but it seems he didn't so he shrugged it off and left to the cafe. Just as his mind finally soothes itself, Isaac comes walking over to him in what he'd say is, extravagant yet simple clothes. The black turtle neck he wore, adorned with the soft grey coat and dark blue plaid pants had fit him quite well.