Chapter 22: Aika's Feelings

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto
"Hmm…."- Bijuu
"Hmm…."- Flashback

Chapter 22:
Aika's Feelings

One Uzumaki Naruto had a worried look on his face as he shifted awkwardly as he stood before both Aika and Haru, the former tapping her foot impatiently on the floor. The trio had quickly made their way back into their classroom in hopes of getting some privacy, Thankfully, their sensei had already left to take his lunch break as well. So it was only the three of them.

The reason for Naruto's current mood was because it was the time for answers. Due to circumstances beyond his control, both of his friends that he had made in the Academy had been exposed to his biggest secret: he really wasn't who he said he was. It was something that Naruto had hoped would never come to pass. But it had. And it hadn't even been a month yet since he had arrived to the past before someone had found out about his secret too. Man, he really did suck at stealth all right.

Kurama snorted in amusement in his mind but didn't comment.

"Well?" Aika pressed, leaning forward slightly. "We have the privacy you wanted. Now, give us the answers we asked you, Naruto."

The blond flinched a bit at the girl calling him by his name instead of the nickname that she had given him. It just showed him that she was being serious with her demand. Not that Naruto blamed her. The blond knew that he would be the same way if he were in her shoes. But he wasn't. Naruto knew that what he had to tell them wasn't easy. Not only that, but what Naruto feared the most was that they would freak out and never talk to him again once he told them who and what he really was. It would suck. The blond had found himself becoming quite attached with both of them. He didn't know why either. He just knew that he would gladly risk his own life for theirs by this point.

"Give them some credit, brat," Kurama spoke, seeing it as his duty to talk some sense into his host since all of his other siblings were taking the chance to rest for the time being. "They haven't left yet, even after what they had to go through at that temple. That should tell you that they're at least open to hearing what you have to say."

Naruto sighed, knowing his furry companion had a point. And the blond jinchuriki was certain that he wouldn't be able to walk out of here without telling them anything. He knew how Aika was by this point.

"Well….." the blond began with an uncertain voice, shifting a bit more. "There's quite a bit I have to say. And I don't really know where to begin. But I guess that I should start by saying that I'm not from this time….."

Aika looked at him with a blank look while Haru raised an eyebrow. The blond Uzumaki could almost see the wheels turning in their heads.

"….did I hear that right?" Aika asked, her blank look prevalent.

"I told you it wasn't easy," Naruto muttered before shaking his head. He had decided to cross this bridge. So he would see it to the end at least. "But yeah, that's right. I'm not from this time. I came from the future. So I guess you could call me a time traveler."

Silence.

After a few more moments of this, Naruto began to sweat, wondering if his fears from before were going to become reality right this moment.

Aika then groaned, bringing one of her hands to her face. "Wait, wait, wait. So you're being serious right now? You're not joking with us right?"

"I don't think he is," Haru replied, answering before Naruto could. "I mean, I'm sure even Naruto isn't dumb enough to joke right now. Especially with something as time traveling."

Naruto t'sked. "Thanks, Haru. Don't know if you're vouching for me or insulting me, but thanks. I really appreciate it."

Haru laughed awkwardly, realizing that his blond companion had a point.