you call him beautiful for the first time

a/n: this a story i wrote after writing the sad breakup one, and this story is also inspired by the photo above. isn't andy just breathtaking?

Early December 1980

You had only been with Andy since mid July, when the heat was unbearable and everything was buzzing, but you already felt so connected to him, and so deeply in love with him.

And tonight as the two of you were lazing on the couch, with Andy's hand lovingly holding your waist and your head on his shoulder, you really felt the love. You felt content with the warm blanket draped on your laps to keep you two warm and cozy.

You soon stirred from your nap and titled your head up to gaze at Andy, being careful as to not disturb him. His eyes were closed and he looked so ethereal in the dim fire light. His chest was rising and falling peacefully, and you sighed dreamily.

It was magical how the fire perfectly enhanced his breathtaking features—perfectly carved jawline, his beautifully pointed nose, his gorgeous blue eyes, and soft beautifully kissable lips. And his alluring arched eyebrows. And you couldn't forget the dusty shade of blond fluff on his head.

He was incredibly beautiful, not to mention talented. And you found yourself so fixated on his features that you barely noticed his eyes fluttered open to gaze curiously at you.

"Hey," He whispered with a faint laugh, finding slight humor in the way you stared vacantly at him in awe. You blinked, and snickered to yourself.

"Hey," You replied with a small smile, sparking Andy to smile brightly at you.

Your eyes fluttered across his face, admiring everything about him. For a good minute, you just gazed into his blue eyes, and he gazed back into your e/c ones. It was simple moments like these that you simply adored. It warmed your heart to be this close to him.

"What are you thinking about?" Andy soon asked in a deep whisper, genuinely wondering what was going on inside your mind. You smiled softly and lifted your hand to rest on his cheek.

"You." You whispered back, and let your soft smile stay on your face and hand on his cheek.

Andy gently bit his lip at your statement, and didn't try to move your hand at all. He found himself already adoring how soft and delicate it felt against his cheek. And you adored having it there.

"Andy," You breathed out as you ran your thumb over his cheek, "You're beautiful," You said as you couldn't contain your smile, and Andy's heart fluttered.

You thought he was beautiful?

"I am?" He asked, as if not believing it until he heard you confirm your statement. But regardless, it definitely made him feel loved to her you whisper it the first time. He hoped deep inside you'd say it again sometime.

"Oh my god, you are, Andy," You quietly laughed, and you then placed your other hand on his other cheek and delicately pulled him closer to kiss him slowly and lovingly.

When you reluctantly pulled away, Andy had the biggest smile on his face and a sparkle in his eyes. He was melting over your genuineness, and how well 'beautiful' sounded in your accent.

You had truly meant what you said about him being beautiful. You've always thought that, and you couldn't figure out why you hadn't said it until now. But you found yourself feeling incredibly glad you finally did. Because it seemed like you made Andy melt by telling him so.

And as you kissed him again, you knew there'd be many more times when you would tell Andy he was beautiful....and more adjectives to describe this incredible man.