5 - ten racks by 8 pm

London
Sept. 20th

Nora had her back turned towards him. She had instantly recognized him on the hallway and even though she had never spoken to him his voice had familiar sound in it. It was raspy and soft, not loud. Controlled. Cold.

One breath in.

One breath out.

Let's do this.

Nora turned around and faced him.

He was taller than she remembered him to be. As she brought her glance up to his face she realized that his eyes were fixated on her. They had a glowing brownish green tone and were rimmed with pitch black eyelashes. There was something so cold about his glance and at the same time, he seemed alert and attentive. He did not let her out of his sight.

The discrepancy between his seemingly soft features and the hard expression on his face completely threw Nora off. His eyes lingered on her until he made a hissing, deprecating sound and averted his gaze. Slowly, he strolled through her office and let his gaze roam over her bookshelf, giving her a brief moment to pull herself together.

She didn't expect him to be that intimidating.

„What are you doing here?", she asked.

He had his back towards her and Nora couldn't resist to look at his broad shoulders. He wore a loose jacket and some old jeans. He looked like back then. Didn't change. No boogie high end designer clothes. He still wore his old stuff and it was almost ironic how good it looked on him.

Nora shook her head. Why the hell was she thinking that? The nervousness had messed up her head.

Then he turned around and looked straight at her from the other side of the room.

"Wagwan, Nora", Sully says confidently with a little smirk on his face.

"I said what are you doing here", Nora repeated herself stubbornly. Her heart was pounding to her chest.

Well, you know why I am here, don't you?"

„I don't"

He sighted.

„We had a little date and you didn't show up, remember that?"

In the corner of her eyes Nora saw the same man from the subway incident behind the glass door in the hallway. The only difference was that his time, he was facing the other way. Nora figured that he was some kind of security that Sully had around him.

„I didn't agree to anything", she replied and crossed her arms in front of her chest. „I don't know If you are aware of that but a date describes a consensual meeting of two people. And I don't remember giving any sort of consent to whatever this is."

She underlined the last sentence by pointing at him and his man outside the office.

Sully looked at her in a weird way then showed a little smirk.

„Oh you're a sassy ting, I should have figured that since you didn't have the respect to attend our date"

„There was no date", Nora argued and sighted loudly. This was getting on her nerves. Her feelings of fear and panic slowly faded away and turned into anger.
„What the hell are you doing here now? I will call for security at any given moment I can promise you that", she states as she does a step into his direction.

„Are you threatening me, Nora?", he asks, perplexed and seemingly annoyed.

Nora suddenly gets a boost of confidence and looks at him in a challenging way.

„Well, what are you going to do about that?", she says stubbornly. No stupid man was going to tell her what to do. Or what not to do.

His stare hardened. He took a few steps and finally stood right there in front of her. Nora had to look up and tilt her head back in order to look into his face. He looked angry. His eyes seemed to have lost their honey and green color palette. Now they were just dark. Out of anger.

„What the fuck did you just say?", Sully whispered. His voice trembled slightly. It sounded like he was trying to control himself, but was about to explode. The raspy and dark tone of his voice and the clear emphasis on each individual word of that sentence made Nora shiver.

His dark stare was locked into her eyes and there was not one word that could have left her mouth. Instead, she was captured by his strong presence directly in front of her. She didn't even realize how close he was standing to her until now.

The scent of his masculine perfume was not intrusive and yet a comforting warm feeling spread through Nora's stomach area.

The air between them was still and crackling, Nora could have sworn she felt his body heat on her skin. His tense breathing was lost in the silence between them. His eyes looked deep into Nora's.

"Your brothers owe me a lot of p's, you know Nora?" he whispered slowly. His gaze roamed over her face and lingered on her eyes. "Ten thousand pounds."

What?

This couldn't be happening.

"Your fucking brothers owe me 10,000 pounds and I want that shit back. You hear me?". Sully's voice became gruff and impatient.

"I don't have that type of money to spend, are you actually mad?" hissed Nora back, clicking her tongue.

"I don't give a fuck like that, believe me," he whispered back, moving closer to her face. "You're a lawyer. You have money. Ten racks by 8 p.m. Tuesday. At the market. Don't be stupid, swear down."

Nora watched him reluctantly.

"Fuck it," he cursed softly, shaking his head as he walked toward the glass door. The guy behind the glass door stood up.

He opened the door and turned around one last time.

"My people will be expecting you. Don't you dare not show up."

Then he was gone.