12

Jazelle Nianis
+3 weeks

Jazelle stood in the kitchen with a smile on her face as she talked with Tamika who was cooking with jazelle.

"Well your always welcome to come to my church." Tamika explained. "Really?" She spoke.

"Of course." She spoke. "I'll come this Sunday. Thank you." Jazelle spoke. Religion was very important to her even though she was doing her best in her relationship with God at the moment.

"Your welcome." She smiled as she continued to stir the pot of Mac and cheese.

"What do you wanna watch?" She walked to the living room.

Tamika glanced back at her. "Put on Madea." She spoke. "okay." She grabbed the remote.

She turned Madeas big happy family on and placed the remote down.

She walked back to the kitchen where Tamika was placing the Mac and cheese in an oven safe pan and coating it with cheese.

"Is Michael coming over here today?" Tamika asked. Jazelle shrugged. "I'm not sure. I haven't talked to him today." She spoke.

"Are y'all arguing or something?" Tamika asked. "not to be nosy." She added.

"It's fine. We're not really arguing. He's just mad at me right now. I accidentally... well he told me to answer his phone when it rang and it was his- um his wife." She explained.

"And he got mad at you for that?" Tamika stood after placing the Mac and cheese in the oven with the stuffed chicken breast and stuffed bell peppers.

"Yeah...I mean I guess I sh-" Tamika cut her off. "No. Michael was completely in the wrong for that one. Don't apologize to him. HE asked YOU to answer the phone." Tamika explained.

Jazelle thought about it. "Yeah , your right. I hope he's over it now." She shrugged.

Tamika set a timer on her phone and the two watched madea and talked.

"But...I just feel bad about it all. Do you think I'm wrong for being with a married man? I'd never be with a man that's seriously married but I'm only with Michael because he's not SERIOUSLY married to her. It's just for business." Jazelle explained.

Tamika shook her head no. "Don't feel bad. The lady knows that her and Michael are not obligated to each other. Your not a homewrecker or anything like that." She reassured jazelle.

"Don't worry. I don't even see you as that type of girl." Tamika explained. The sound of the door unlocking caught the twos attention.

"Who-" Tamika cut herself off to turn towards the door.

Jazelle stared. Soon Michael walked in the house with his tuxedo on. He held bags in his hand. A duffel bag and a few grocery bags.

"Hey mama." He spoke seeing his mother.

"Hey..." She spoke. "hey baby." He spoke looking at Jazelle. "hey." She smiled.

He slipped his shoes off and placed the bags down on the table. He walked to jazelles room and placed his duffel bag down on the floor. He walked back in the living room and greeted his mother with a forehead kiss.

"It smell good in here. What you cooking?" He looked at jazelle. She shook her head. "She's cooking Mac and cheese, stuffed bell peppers, stuffed chicken and cabbage." She spoke.

"Sound good. You done yet?" He asked. "No boy. You better stay out that kitchen." Tamika spoke.

He smacked his lips. Jazelle watched as he slipped his ring off and placed it on the counter.

"Imma take a quick shower." He turned around and walked to the bedroom.

Jazelle and tamika talked for a bit longer. Michael was in the shower longer than expected.

Tamika had took the food out of the oven, made herself a plate and left. Now jazelle stood in the kitchen making herself a plate.

She felt muscular arms slide around her waist. She smelt old spice and deodorant.

"Hey baby." He placed a kiss on the crook of her neck. "Hey." She smiled.

"You gon make me a plate?" He asked. She nodded. "Sure."

"Where mama went?" He asked. "She left. She said you was pussyfootin around." She laughed.

"Why'd you say you were taking a quick shower if you were gonna take all day?" She asked.

"I planned on making it quick but shit..." He pulled away. "I had some pressure built up and I thought it would be a minute before mama left." He admitted as he leaned on the counter.

She laughed. "Woww."