Soft

"YOU'RE INSANE, S-STAY AWAY FROM ME!" I staggered backward, barely able to keep my balance as I attempted to make distance from the crazy man in front of me. "(Y/n)..." I gripped the knife in my hand and swung it in front of me quickly. "No...no, stay away!" I took another step backward, stumbling on a patch of mud. A grunt escaped my lips as my head collided with the floor. My vision blurred, and the air was completely knocked out of me. I had no time to realize that the knife that I had once clutched so tightly now lay restless by my head. I screamed as he sat on my legs, constricting my movements. I realized way too late that I was no longer armed. I started clawing at his arms, attempting to hurt him enough so I could wiggle free. "Stop fighting!" He said in a loud tone. Tears leaked out of my eyes as I felt his hands wrap tightly around my throat. Muffled noises escaped my parted lips. "S-stop p-p-ple-a"

My eyes fluttered slowly, and I quickly tried to take in my surroundings. I was shocked to find myself in Negans bed. I quickly sat up in a panicked state. I assessed my surroundings, realizing I was in there alone. I let out a shallow sigh of relief.

A sudden wave of unease washed over me as I thought that there was a chance for me and that sicko to have slept in the same bed. My eyes found themselves to the other half of the mattress. My hand ran over the soft fabric gently. A subtle warmth emanated from it. Instead of the anger I thought I would feel, I almost felt.... comforted. A big shiver ran through my body, I quickly withdrew my hand and clutched it to my chest. In my mind, I wrote that feeling off as just being touch starved or lonely. Luckily, I didn't have much time to ponder over my weird, stupid thoughts before the door clicked open.

"Well, hello there, darlin. Miss me?" Negan said with a wink. My eyebrows furrowed, and my lips tilted into a frown. Negan leaned slightly on the door frame and crossed his arms. His cold glare made me feel so exposed. As if he could see the very core of me. It was as if we were in a standoff. Both staring into each other's eyes. Both challenging each other to back down. His icy stare became too much for me too quickly, and my gaze fell to my lap. I heard a deep chuckle emit from Negan. Shame bubbled in my stomach. Of course, I just had to show weakness in front of him.

"Why don't you come here (y/n)? Talk to me face to face." My name slipped off his tongue like venom. I could tell by his tone he wasn't asking. As much as I wanted to be defiant, my legs betrayed me, and soon, I found myself a few feet in front of him. Way too close for comfort, in my humble opinion.

My gaze lifted to him slowly. I found myself completely dumbfounded to see an almost gentle gaze on his face. His once harsher features almost seemed to soften as he looked down at me. His eyes had a softness to them that I had never seen or noticed previously. This look made my stomach churn. Why did he have to stand there all innocent? gazing down at me so softly? How is that fair? He was such a monstrous human. This was surely just another way for him to toy with me. After all, this is just a game to him, playing with people's lives and their emotions. He is the kind of person I hate.

I turned slightly away from him, not being able to bear looking at his attempt to feign nice. A scoff slipped out of my lips. The once almost warm environment quickly turned icy. I felt his rough hand grip tightly on my forearm. "I'm here letting you sleep in my bed, eating our food for nothing in return." I felt his face grow closer to my ear. His hot breath tickled me slightly. "Show me some fucking respect." Anger bubbled in my throat. I quickly ripped my arm from his grasp and created space between us. My tongue turned into a snake and hissed out words. "You?! Respect you?!" My anger only seemed to rise as he took a step towards me. "YOU KILLED MY FRIENDS! YOU TOOK ME FROM MY FAMILY! FROM MY HOME!!" tears pricked the corner of my eyes as I remembered the night he took Abraham's and Glenn's life. "H-how could I ever respect som-one like you?!"

Before I knew it Negan was directly in front of me. His hands grasped tightly on my upper forearms. My eyes betrayed me as they let tears drip from them. I gazed up into Negans cold brown eyes. Irritation was still clear on his face as he stared into my soul. His mouth opened slightly as if readying to say something that would make me even more bitter. I watched curiously as his mouth shut and his eyes almost seemed to..... soften and radiate a kind of warmth, like a fire on a cold winters day.

He was quick to push away from me and now stood with his back towards me in the doorway. My upper forearms now missing the warmth that emanated from his hands. I quickly wiped away my tear-stained cheeks. I blinked quickly attempting to ground myself. "Tomorrow is an important day. So rest up. Who knows, maybe you'll even get to say hi to your little boy toy, Daryl." Negan chuckled darkly as he strolled out of the room and shut the door behind him.

My eyes widened staring at the now closed door. Daryl? Worry implanted itself into the pit of my abdomen. All I could do was hope he was alright. More tears leaked out of my eyes at the thought that Daryl might be hurt. My legs could no longer carry my weight and I dropped to the floor. My emotions weighed heavily on my shoulders. "I just wanna go home."