Chapter 1- Letters to the Heart

── fiat lux ── Let there be light, the happy word of my parents in Latin, which went to those fallen in battle, and meant that all those who died would go to light.

── What a sad scene, my princess ── Slow steps that seemed thunderous to me, approached my position, his voice was serious, he was a man who did not deserve to live, Anatt. ── What a pity we couldn't reach an agreement, and well, your father is hard to crack...── I got up reflexively and faced him, I was euphoric, and I gave what I could not to kill him.

── What do you want, Anatt? ── Without thinking about it, Caelum appeared in my hand, I couldn't stop the pain, hatred, rancor, sadness and remorse that I carried in me, all of Insomnia died and was destroyed in less than minutes because of me and seeing him is seeing the murderer of my family, there was no doubt.

── Anatt? Oh right, your father never noticed it ── He began to laugh and his body slowly became that of a Daemon, I stepped back and tried to defend the bodies of my family, for nothing in the world I would let him touch them. ── Damn, transforming your body into another is really exhausting, don't you think? ──

── What are you doing here...? ── His body was no longer that of any human, nor of a Daemon, he was... ── Ardyn Izunia... ── My legs failed and now I didn't have that courage to face it, now I had terror inside me.

── That's right, the same ── he smiled mockingly and that made me even angrier. ── You know? You were right, your father never defeated me, and yes, he returned to the past to change what would be his destiny, however, by saving the oracle, recovering his throne and having you, he inherited his horrible destiny to you ── He extended his hand towards me and instead I placed myself in defense with Caelum, I didn't know where to go, I couldn't let him make my relatives like toys. ── Noctis, oh I still remember, knowing his final destiny, he fled like a coward to save the princess of Tenebrae, pathetic ── With just his arm he managed to get me out of the way, reaching my father's corpse. ── He managed enough to recover his throne, and in the end I let him enjoy his little game called family... so I could destroy you, Little Princess of Lucis ── He looked at me while squatting, laughing in front of him, my dead father.

── Get away from him...── I got up and managed to return to my place, while he looked at me with amusement. ── You won't touch anyone from my family while I'm still here ──

── You are totally identical to your father, stubborn, useless and very naive ── his hand out of nowhere was already on my neck, and by force I knew that he was, only him, the one who murdered my mother with his hands.

── Let go of me! ── I was struggling and he was looking at me carefully until he finally let go to let me fall squarely to the ground.

── I'll just wait for you to get stronger, and I'll still beat you, little girl. ── He smiled one stupid last time and left the horrible scene in which I was stranded, still with my brain blank, trying to calculate why rhis happened, this in less than nothing, why "Anatt" was Ardyn? What was happening?

── Princess! ── Cor was leaning against the entrance, his arm that held his sword hung horribly without being able to move it, his right eye was completely reddish from blood, I still hadn't dried my tears, so he decided not to speak and extend a lot of cards to me, I was still stunned from what just happened, I couldn't even move. ── Take them... and go, Umbra will follow you ── I didn't feel much anymore, just sadness and terror, I took the cards and looked at him, it would be the last time I would see him.

── C-Cor... don't die too ── I didn't want to see more corpses, not anymore...

── Come on little girl... go away, Uncle Cor will hold on a little longer ── He smiled and that only made me run again with a rain of tears that came from my eyes, I didn't have time to observe the panorama of Daemons, imperials and the army of Insomnia struggling, much less wanted to see The Citadel, but curiosity killed the cat, I approached the amount of bodies, all scattered in different places, but there was one that would hurt me more to see...