Chapter 2: Team Blank

On the other side of the city, the best team in Cowboy duel GX were in the middle of a game.

"They're insane!"

The other players couldn't even blink. If they did, they might die, and their time in the tournament would be over.

"Guys huddle up! Then we can see in every direc-"
The sound of a single silent sniper had marked the end of the enemy captain's life.

"Captain!"

Without him, they were at a loss of what to do.

The last two members free fired, hoping to hit something, anything. The other team was jumping around in the trees.

"Get down here you monkeys!"

"Click Click"

That was it. They had run out of ammo.

One of them, a guy with an avatar of a pink haired girl, fell to his (or her) knees.

"Keita, get up, we can still win this!"

A girl, with the avatar of a muscular man, yelled at him (or her).

"No, it's over. Before we die, there's something I need to tell you, Rob."

The girl at given herself an English man's name to match her avatar.

"I...I..."

"BOOM!"

A single grenade blew them both up.

____ Team wins!

Sparking gold letters flash across the screen, signaling the end of the game, and the announcement of a winner.

It met the eyes of a high-school aged boy, hunched over, face a few inches away from the screen.

"What were they doing at the end there? They just stopped firing."

A girl, around middle school age, was laying on the floor, face up with a screen on the ceiling.

"Aniki, I think that was a confession."

"Huh?! In the middle of a game?!"

"Yep. And you blew them up."

"Ah!"

He held his head in sudden guilt, only to then do a take back.

"Normies confessing on the middle of a game, they deserved it!"

He put one leg on his chair, and held his fist in the air to have the image of a hero.

"Are you sure your just not jealous?"

"PUH!"

Her words hit him right in the stomach, like a strong punch, and he slumped back down in his chair, head hanging down.

"W-well, at least I have you Shiro."

"I'm your sister."

"PUH!"

That one hit him even harder as he etched back and blood came from his mouth.

"Th-that's it. I'm dead for the day..."

"Hey, Aniki. What time is it?"

"Hm?"

He picked himself back up and wiped the blood from his mouth.

"Uh, 10:30. Why?"

"Didn't that school start at 10?"

"Yeah, I think so."