HOLY SHIT I FORGOT IT WAS MOTHERS DAY

Oh, never mind. I thought I was late for it.
But after a reminder with hellkat's compo, Imma write something too.

"Hey, mother, today's Mothers' Day. I want to do something for you, something you've always wanted. Something you talk about every day.
But it's a surprise. I'll give the present to you at night. That's the perfect time for any surprise, huh? Funny too. Never morning. Never noon. Always nighttime.
Mother, I hope you will remember my gift. I have prepared it with all my heart, and I really wish you love it. Just like how much you love me.
Thank you, for everything you've given me."
— Your Daughter who Loves you, Carnation

Mother does her best to support me.
Ever since Daddy left us for another woman.
I know how hard she works for me, because she always comes home tired and late.
I love her too, and I want to repay her.
On Mothers' Day. What other day?
Just like my name, huh? Carnation.

"Hey Mother, sometimes I wished I had a Father like my classmates. They always seem to talk about how fun fathers are in front of me ever since I told them you were a single mother. Honestly, it just makes me wonder at how you manage to take care of the two of us. You're amazing, really.
Lately I see that you've been coming home later with flowers and chocolates. I'm sure you've been working hard in the office.
Thank you, for everything you've given me."
—Carnation

And on this special occasion, I've prepared something for you.
Are you ready?
Oh, I really hope you like it!

Look, I've made dinner!
Salad, topped with carnations and leaves. Just like my name, huh. You always said your favourite flower was the carnation, right?
Oh, I'm so glad you like it!
Delicious, really.
Hey, come to think of it, you've been leaving me for longer periods of time now. And less money to buy stuff, too.
Oh, don't worry. I can take care of myself.
Enjoying your salad?
...What?
I-
No, of course not.
I- I'm sorry. I forgot-
...
Oh, well, who cares. Why would you care, if I tried to poison you. Of course I know carnation leaves and stems are toxic. Ah, well, guess my assassination attempt failed~

"Hey, mother. Enjoying your dinner? Sorry about the assassination attempt.
But,
Do you really think I'm that stupid?
Thank you, for everything you've given me."
— Carnation

Ah, well, let's continue with dinner.
...
Ahaha...
AhahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Mother! How could you forget!
Guess you were too fixated on the carnations.
To even remember your lettuce allergy.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Mother, I won.

"Hey, mother. Remember when you kept saying 'I want to die' every time you saw me and brought up the topic of Daddy? You would say 'You're so useless, just like Daddy. When I live with you I really want to die, you know.'
Joke? I don't think so. Not if you've been saying the exact same thing for 10 years.
Thank you, for everything you've given me."
Carnation

Anaphylaxis, huh.

Anaphylaxis causes the immune system to release a flood of chemicals that can cause you to go into shock — blood pressure drops suddenly and the airways narrow, blocking breathing. Signs and symptoms include a rapid, weak pulse; a skin rash; and nausea and vomiting. Explanation from Mayo Clinic.
You're showing those exact symptoms, huh... fascinating.

Did you like my present?

No? Yes? Answer me, mother.
But anyways,

Happy Mother's Day.