An Ally

Having ventured miles outland, Princess Y/n finally spotted The Mushroom Kingdom gates.
"My people, we are near civilization!" Princess Y/n proclaimed, relieved.
Princess Y/n had read about The Mushroom Kingdom, though it was more beautiful in person she thought. Running through the gates, she requested to see The Ruler to a group of guards, protecting her.
"Ruler of The Mushroom Kingdom, I come in peace seeking shelter for my people." Princess Y/n said whilst bowing, showing her utmost respect.
As the guards gazed at me, their eyes narrowed, looking at The Ruler for reassurance to leave her with Princess Y/n.
"Run along now." The Ruler said as she nodded to one of the guards.
"Hello, I am Princess Peach, Ruler of Mushroom Kingdom. And who might you be?" She smiled as her sapphire blue eyes glistened in the light.
"I am Princess Y/n, Throne to The Stardust Plain, more commonly known as The Stardust Kingdom." Princess Y/n exclaimed, in clear distress. Her Royal gown destroyed, her eyes bloodshot and tired, her hair knotted and matted.
"We need urgent assistance. My Kingdom has been infiltrated with a horrible plant, please, you're my and my people's last hope." Princess Y/n confessed, with tears in her eyes.
"Hey, it's alright." Princess Peach reassured Princess Y/n with a soft and caring tone of voice, she could tell that that was something she needed right now.

Wiping Princess Y/n's tears away with her napkin, Princess Peach invited her on a stroll to discuss where her people would be staying.
"The Stardust Kingdom is welcome to stay for as long as they need. You can stay in the Royal Suite next to the castle, overlooking the kingdom." Princess Peach replied.
"But if you don't mind me asking, do you have any enemies or people that hold a grudge against you or your kingdom that may have caused this attack?" Princess Peach asked, greatly concerned.
"Yes, years ago when my parents were still Heir." Princess Y/n answered.
"I see.." Princess Peach exhaled as she thought for a moment.
"We can make the appropriate living accommodations for your people in the village to your right after you leave the castle, we won't leave you all out in the cold I promise. My people will show your people around the kingdom and make them feel welcome. You and your people are welcome to stay as long as you need, and feel free to ask for anything you need at all." Princess Peach pledged with sheer confidence.
"Thank you for your kindness, may I go to tell my people the news, Princess?" Princess Y/n replied.
"You may." Princess Peach curtsied, leading her to the village.
"Goodbye now, we'll find a solution to this in the morning, feel free to come anytime." She smiled, waving at her as Princess Y/n showed her people the village they'd be living in for the meantime.
As Princess Y/n entered the Royal Suite she was going to be staying in, she felt strange. She was blushing nonstop, she couldn't sleep, her heart was pounding inside her chest, and she felt like a swarm of butterflies was in her stomach.
"No, it couldn't be.." She denied
"Your people are in danger... This is no time to be falling in love!" She protested.
But there was no denying it, she'd fell completely head over heels for Princess Peach and there was nothing she could do about it. Princess Y/n, a completely and utter hopeless romantic, screamed into her pillow. She was still an absolute blushing mess, and was still in disbelief that she had a crush, on The Mushroom Kingdoms ruler, no less. Finally getting to sleep, Princess Y/n was relaxed. But she was still hesitant about having a crush.