🪓 chapter 4 🪓

⚠️TW for gore and sa, alcoholism‼️⚠️

•★•★•★•★•★•★•★•★•★•★•★•★

Your mother had been gone for about a week at this point and you were out of money. You didn't know what else to do so you gathered whatever coins you could find around the house to try and get enough for a bus ticket to the next town over and back where they have a soup kitchen. You could get dinner there tonight and then pray for her to come back tomorrow or the day after.

After an hour of going around the house you gathered a dollar and ninety-three cents which could get you a kids ticket and maybe an adult one to get home. You were 14 and the kids tickets are allowed until 13 so you decide to just take your chances and go with it.

You arived at the bus stop in your coat, tracksuit bottoms and old Nike runners. There was an elderly woman with grey hair and a summery yellow rain coat on and a man in his early 30s wearing a suit, a business man if you had to take a guess.

The bus pulled up after around 16 minutes and the man got on first, then you, then the old lady.

The man got his ticket and then it was your turn, you asked for a child ticket and the diver gave you a weird glance before calling you out for being to old for one.
You pleaded with him saying it's all you had but he just shook his head. You were about to give up before the old woman behind you tapped your shoulder.
"Don't worry sweet heart how much do you have I'll pay the rest," she smiled at you.

You light up and say ninety-three before saying thank you a bunch of times.

"Thank you so much miss," you where now sat down on a chair and the lady was beside you.
"It's no problem love, I used to be like you in my prime days, out with friends and all that didnt get home till about 1 or 2 at night, I always got kilt by my father but it was worth it," she told you with pride, you smile at her. 'bless her heart if only she knew the truth,' you thought to yourself.

After twenty minutes your stop arrived and you hopped off.

It was a 10 minute walk from the bus stop to the soup kitchen so you began your walk before it closed.

It was November so by looking at the level of light you'd have to guess it was half six in the evening and the kitchen closed at seven so you rushed towards jt.

The line was long and it was quarter to seven now. You'd get lucky to get a bowl at the rate the line was going.

After about another five minutes 5 people had lined up behind you. You saw a family and let them go ahead of you, they were actually homeless while you had a roof over your head so you felt bad.

Oh fuck did you regret that. The kitchen closed right before you could get a bowl, a volunteer apologized to the rest of you waiting in line and offered little roles left over that where given with the soup. You said fuck it and took 2 before leaving.

You were walking back out to the bus stop when your attention was caught by a muffled girls scream from in a house a bit up the road. You shrugged it off as a teenager arguing with her parents until you passed the house and saw a side door swing open. A girl around 15-16 got tossed out, her hair was a dirty blonde at the ends and the roots were light brown. She wore a blooded tank top and shorts. A man yelled something at her before slammed the door.

You stood there eating your bread and unintentionally staring, she got onto knees before coughing a little and standing up, she noticed you and flipped you off and asking what you wanted before limping onto the drive way where she set herself down and ran her fingers through her hair.