Chapter 2

Chloe took a deep breath. How much did she want to tell Max? Well… “Nathan Prescott... He drugged me… He…” Her voice began to crack a little. It was like opening up old scars that you thought were finally healed. “He drugged me and took me to the dark room, and…" She left it at that and trailed off. She was finding it hard to put her thoughts into words all of a sudden.

She heard more than enough to make Max's blood boil. Her entire demeanor changed within an instant. "What the fuck?! Chloe he should pay for his crimes. What he did to you is so not cool!" Max hugged her tightly. "He must be stopped as soon as possible." Max pointed out to her. "Chloe I'm here for you. Were you going to use the gun you found to kill Nathan?" She questioned her. Chloe pulled away from Max a little and nodded. “Yes. But I don’t know if I can.” She confessed. “I don’t think I’d even feel any shame if I did it. He deserves it. He deserves to be shot dead… But…” Her voice began to quake. “I… I don’t know if I could live with myself knowing that I killed someone.”
"I completely understand that Chloe." She responded to her. "He totally does deserve it, I agree with you there." Max softly rubbed her back as an effort to comfort her best friend. "Wait a minute, maybe instead of killing him, we could always turn him into the police." Max suggested.
“Police?” Chloe asked. “You think that they can do anything? Nathan Prescott is rich! And his father is even worse! I bet that if he got arrested or something, his father would get him off scot free! No… I’m going to do this my own way. If I even do it at all.” Chloe said. She looked down at the bed and smiled softly. “I’m lucky to have you, Max.”