Five

Ryder:

As she headed back into the house Nico came up to me and barked and gestured for me to follow her but shook my head and went back to mine. He stared at me. "Go and run around." I left the door open as Nico never stays in the house he always runs off and he'll come back before I wake up.

He growled and then left. I dropped down onto my sofa and turned on the tv. I looked up at my clock behind me to see it's six o'clock. Wasn't expecting it to be this late.

My phone buzzed in my trousers and I picked it out and grabbed it. Ryke. "Hello?" I flopped on my side. "Catherine's making dinner for everyone, she's invited you and Aspen." He tells me through the phone. "I have." I heard Catherine called out. "Alright, I'll go and tell her." I tell them. "Ok." They ended not saying goodbye. He never does. No wonder why no one have the houses.

I jumped off the sofa and walked out of the door and locking it. I jogged over to her rented house and knocked on her door. The door swings open and she stands there and Nico is at her feet. He tilts his head happy looking up at me.

"Hey." She smiled she's in her short silky shorts with a plain black top on. "Catherine, my dad and Ryke has invited us for dinner." I tell her. "Oh..." she sounded unsure and I was still in the outfit I was wearing when I was at rodeo.

She nodded. "Yeah sure, I was just going to make mine." I nodded and we walked up to my truck. She comes out and locks the door. She comes over and sees that it starting to rain so she jogs over and jumps into my truck. "When can you start working on my truck, I don't want to have you drive me everywhere." I shrugged. "Soon." She nodded and I drove up to the house.

When we headed there it was pouring it down. I grabbed my jacket in the back and passed it to her. "Use that." I say and jumped out of the car. I turned back to her. "Come on! I don't want to get soaked." I closed the door and she quickly puts on my jacket and then the hood. And then got out and shut the door. I locked it and we ran to the porch.

I opened the door for the both of us and let her through first and she takes off the jacket and passes me it. I run my fingers through my wet hair. "Ryan! Check if that's Aspen and Ryder!" Catherine calls and my father walks out with an apron. "Hi, diner will be served around thirty minutes." We both nodded and Nico barged past us and shook his fur. He ran all the way here as he must've stayed at Aspens house for a little bit.

We walked to the dinning table to see Ryke is already there with his girl friend Caitilin. "Hey." I sat down. They both turned to me and gave me a smile. "Hi." They said looking up.

"Who's this?" Caitilin asks. "This is Aspen, she's staying at one of the rent houses at the back." She nodded. "Aspen this is Ryke's girlfriend." She gave her a nod. "Lovely to meet you." She says as we walked over and pulled out one of the chairs. We both sat down.

I tapped my finger on the table and then felt a hand on top of mine causing my hand to stop. I followed the arm and to see it was Aspens. I stare at her confused and she just turned away. "Caitilin." My brother speaks and we turned to him. She's holding onto his hand and staring confused at him. "I'm going to help dad and Catherine with food. You stay here."

She normally doesn't mind when he goes away. But she nodded and he left. "Are you alright?" I asked and she nodded. "Yeah, sorry it's nothing." I nodded I'm going to speak to my brother about what's going on. Even if he knows.

He comes back with food and Catherine and dad comes back in and sits back down on the chair next to me and Catherine is opposite him. We barely talk. It's just awkward for the both of us. That's why I moved to one of the rented houses at the back.

I grabbed it and started to eat first. I want this dinner done. I hate spending time eating with family. We never speak and I can see Aspen's a bit awkward because of that. But she still ate it all.

Me and my brother finished at the same time and half done. We both went up to the kitchen, "what are you doing with Caitlin?" I asked. He turns to me and puts on a scowl. "Nothing?!" He snapped. Something is going on. He's not saying. "Ryke! I know when something is going on! She doesn't want you to leave! Why?!"

He stares at me and finished up the dishes. "She's moving to England and when she leaves we're ending things. But we want to have the best few weeks together." I was shocked. I didn't know something like this is happening.

"I agreed because we don't want to go long distance relationship." I let out a sigh and I walked over to him. I wrapped my arms around him. "I'm sorry, why aren't you moving with her?" I asked. "This is my life Ryder. I can't move to the massive city." I nodded. He loves that woman. But knowing he's in a city that he's never went to in his entire life. It's strange. I nodded. "Do what ever makes you happy brother." He nodded. "Just know I'm always here." I patted his shoulder and turning to the door. "When is she moving?" I asked. "Two weeks." I gave him a nod before saying. "You still got time, spend as much as you like with her."