𝐑𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧

You're shaken up when you get off the elevator and you're not sure what to do. You have to contact his mother, but you're sure that he's speaking to her right this second. A million thoughts run through your head, but first you have to speak with your new boss about the fact that your son is joining you for the day; or at least until you get in contact with the nanny that can pick him up from here.

You aren't quite sure where to go from here though. So many people are walking around and they all seem so busy, and you don't want to bother them. You're not sure what's come over you right this second because bothering people has never been one of your worries. Your breath is caught up in your chest, and you wish you could be invisible. Even from the young boy that holds your hand and looks around.

You feel out of place. You're out of place. You hear your name, and your eyes wander to find the feminine voice that said it. And when you finally see her, this wave of relief washes over you, although it doesn't last too long.

"Shoko?" You look at the woman that puts her hand on your arm, seeing that you're shaken up. She stares at you for a moment before her eyes go down and she sees a carbon copy of Satoru– Only that this one can't be older than five. She can't wrap her head around this.

"Come to my office." She says, and you slowly nod in response before you follow behind her. When you're in the office, your eyes fall on the giant windows that display a great view of the city. Ren's eyes do the same, and he walks over to the windows, putting his tiny hands on them. When she shuts the door she says, "So are you the woman that Mrs. Gojo hired?"

Your brain seems to have slowed down, and it takes a moment before you respond, "I am."

But that's not what Shoko wants to talk about. She had seen your name when Mrs. Gojo shared your information. She wants to know about the little boy that dirties her window with his handprints. She walks to her chair to take a seat, "Satoru never told me he had a kid. Or are you the nanny as well?"

"That's not Satoru's kid." You lie, and she can read right through you– Even if she couldn't, the child is a copy of Satoru's. It's very clearly a lie. "I'm not here to talk about that though... I'm here to– Um..."

"To get started. I've been waiting for you. You are late, but considering the obvious circumstances, I'll let it slide. Plus, you're an old friend." Shoko responds. She points at Ren before asking, "Will he be joining us daily? Because I can't make too many exceptions."

"No, just today. Mrs. Gojo hired a nanny but she didn't show up." You answer, and Shoko's eyebrows raise.

"So he's not Satoru's kid but Mrs. Gojo is his grandmother?" Shoko asks and you hesitantly nod. "Okay..."

"I don't want– Well, we don't want Satoru to find out about..." You tilt your head in Ren's direction. You know he's listening to everything, even if he doesn't seem to be. Many questions run through Shoko's head, but she thinks it's better if she doesn't ask. She's curious, yet it's none of her business.

"Okay... You know he's here, right? He sent me a message not too long ago and whatnot, and he'll be coming here to at least greet me. If you want to keep it a secret you'll have to–" Shoko begins and with every word you feel your stomach churn. Your heart feels as if it's about to beat out of your chest and you have to cut her off.

"I got it, thank you." You attempt to smile, and your nerves are reflected. You'll send the nanny the address, and tell her to hurry up before you get Mrs. Gojo more involved than she already is. "Will you please show me to my desk? And of course, inform me of my tasks. Mrs. Gojo blindly threw me in here."

"Right. Yup. Of course." She stands up. She's about to guide you out of the office and to your desk, but she has something to say. "Don't you think he deserves to know?"