The Chip

The next day arrived, Gloria and the crew were currently outside of a mall while the sun scorched the Californian city with its horrific light. Shappa leaned up against Gloria's car while a cigarette laid in her mouth at the moment.

Nearby were four men looming over an innocent kelpie by the name of Adam Goroldoan while they aimed IR-25s at him with murder on their mind. These four men were known for being apart of The Blood Boyz, a very violent gang that started off small in 2048 before expanding the year after.

"You see that shit right there? Bloody hell, are we really just gonna stand here?" Cypher asked his crew, awaiting their responses.

"Yes." Gloria answered, she just watched these four men terrorize this poor kelpie. The kelpie himself seemed to be badly injured and in a middle aged human form.

"I'm not." Cypher said before grabbing The Agonizer and heading up towards these four gang members with a face full of irritation and rage combined into one physical expression.

"CYPHER, NO! YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER!" Mania shouted, he ran at the shotgun wielding man and attempted to grab the back of his hair.

Cypher simply stepped aside and raised his gun, blowing one of the gang members' heads right off and then the next one, and the next one, and the final one. Each head turned into bloody piles of mush, a lot of the blood had splattered upon the kelpie's face, which he would immediately react to with screams of horror.

"HOLY FUCK!" Adam exclaimed, he hated blood and everything to do with gore. Quickly he would wash off this blood by morphing his human form's hands into water and starting to scrub hard. He then shivered a bit and gulped a little, looking up at his savior currently stained in warm crimson blood.

"Take my hand, don't mind the blood..." Cypher told the kelpie, putting out his right hand and giving a smile in attempts to hopefully calm Adam down or at least make this experience less traumatizing.

A few nearby police officers upon hearing these gunshots would soon arrive to the scene with their guns drawn. They were just about to pull their triggers, but Gloria was quick to pull hers, shooting all four officers with an IR-38 right in their heads and watching the bodies hit the floor.

"Hurry, let's fuckin' go!" She yelled. While the others hopped into her car, Cypher remained by Adam and grabbed his hand before helping him up. The kelpie quivered, his right hand turning into water out of what seemed to be nervousness. "I-I... I don't know what to say." He muttered.

"A thank you would be pretty bloody nice..." Cypher mumbled, rolling his eyes a little.

"Please... Don't say bloody again... I don't like hearing that word." Adam said. "Horrible history I've had I'm afraid... And I don't... Think my days will get any better..."

"I'm sorry to hear that... But I promise you they will get better... The light at the end of the tunnel may look far, but I promise you the burn is worth getting to it..." Cypher told him. "Those legs of yours may ache by the time you get to this light... But at least you'll be there..."

The man then left, getting into Gloria's car while Adam just waved goodbye and watched them speed off. This kelpie hadn't anything like that since February. He slowly smiled, remembering a special someone within his watery heart, a hand on his chest to remember the touch of them.