Chapter 2 - May The Odds Be With You

'Hm... Yes, Yes... I think that's enough.' Y/N thought as they closed the last book. Crossing their arms, they recapped every single information as they hummed.

'Teyvat has changed quite a lot... I'm not satisfied yet though! Not every history is accurate itself, I need to see it with my own eyes... But first, I gotta check something else...'

Before they could continue, someone gently tapped their shoulder. Snapping out of it, they looked at the person who interrupted their thoughts.

It was a maid, although what made her different from the rest was the armor she wears. She gave a polite smile to Y/N.

"My apologies if I interrupted you, good evening, Mx! I am Noelle and I am Noelle, a maid for the Knights of Favonius!"

Y/N politely smiled "What brings you here, Ms. Noelle?" Noelle's smile suddenly faded as she looked at them concerned

"I just couldn't quite help but check on how you're doing... I have seen you read piles and piles of books since this afternoon.." Noelle answered, before she realized something.

"That must be quite rude of me to stare, but I don't mean it in any bad way!" Noelle bowed as she apologized to Y/N.

They lightly hummed as they nod "It's alright, I don't really mind if anyone's staring. I know I'm beautiful in any way." They flipped their hair as they took a small mirror from their pocket to look at themselves, admiring their features.

We stan a very confident Y/N

Noelle lightly chuckled "I admire how you are quite positive about yourself, but really I hope you didn't mind.."

Y/N hummed at they looked at Noelle "I already told you it's fine. Hmm, you seem to be the one push yourself too much... Make sure you get proper rest, push aside the fact that I read piles of books earlier though... That doesn't count on my part."

Noelle felt her eyes widen as she blushed "O-Oh, thank you, alright.. I'll take note of that..." She smiled as she gently nod at them.

Y/N only looked at them before giving them an apologetic smild "I'm sorry Noelle but I have to go right now... It was nice having chatting with you though."

Noelle nodded in understanding "I understand, but before you go... I can help you with returning the books to its original place."

They shook their head "It's fine, don't push yourself too hard, I can see the slight eyebags you have."

Noelle stood there for a moment, before reluctantly nodding her head. "As you wish."

They nod as they stood up from their seat, returning the books to where it was originally placed.

"Safe travels, Y/N!" They looked back at Noelle and nod before they left the Library, some of the Knights also bidding them farewell along the way.

Now, here's the part where I should probably tell you where they're going... But that's no fun, isn't it? Y'all the Fourth Wall is beyond repair so don't even try.

Once they reached the location, it was a mess, ruins everywhere as they looked at it in disbelief.

They immediately ran inside the ruins, trying to look for something, anything, but it was empty.

'So I guess someone already managed to destroy my storage room, huh...'

They blankly look at the scene, before letting out a loud laugh.

"I'm so going to find those bastards, whoever they are..." They stormed off as a trail of ice trailed them from behind.

If looks could kill, it would definitely kill anything Y/N was facing at as they continued to march all the way to Falcon Coast.

'Alright, what to do... What to do...' They paced back and forth at the beach as they started to think of a plan, while also having intrusive thoughts of murdering the thieves.

'I made sure I already unalived those treasure hoarders, and there's a 0.0% Survival rate from their injured state...'

Their eyes widened as they snapped their fingers. 'I have read in the books about the Fatui... There's a very high chance it might be those diplomats who stole my relics...'

'Or maybe a greedy merchant or other groups of Treasure Hoarders who got in my storage room first... Actually, it can be all of them in one go.'

They let out a tired sigh as they scratched their head 'To think I am stressing out right now when it was supposed to be my vacation...'

They sighed 'In any case, I wouldn't care in the end... This is making everything else so much better!'

They start to walk off in a distance, not noticing a shadow following in on them.

Authors note:

Hello guys! I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! Whether you did or did not, I at least hope y'all had a great day/night!

And yes, I'm putting in a lot of character interaction before y'all know what timeline it currently is right now... A bad habit I suppose, but it could also be an entertaining one.

The pun for today/tonight's chapter is:
It was rice meating stew! (It was nice meeting you!)