03 | curious and young

❛ 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 ༉‧₊˚

Kaeya knew how to use everything to his advantage.

He had always been a person who was always observant not only about his surroundings but the people around him.

So of course he knew what riled up people, what got them to move and how it would affect his plans.

When he was younger, all he needed to do was look at others with his lone eye widened and tremble his lips a little.

His form was shorter than most kids due to malnutrition and even after he started having a regular diet, his frame continued to be slender.

Coupled with him stuttering in monstadian made everyone think he was a shy kid who couldn't even lie.

How unfortunate, that he knew how to lie and did so without batting an eye.

Kaeya was well aware of how his backstory could soften the coldest hearts, significantly more in the city of freedom where every stray was given a place.

Perhaps this is why he had the Ragnvindr heir wrapped around his pinkie.

Diluc had always wanted a younger sibling.

Whenever he saw his friend Jean with her younger sister Barbara and how she always gushed about Barbara being such a cute sister who deserved all the love in the world, he couldn't help but wonder how his life would be if he also had a younger sibling.

He first thought of wanting a younger sister just like Jean had but then he realised that they wouldn't be staying together forever.

In his young mind, siblings should stay together forever and in the high society he was raised, the opposite genders must maintain their distance.

So, Diluc wished to have a younger brother.

One could play with, share his toys and become knights together.

When he shared his thoughts with his father, he was given an awkward smile saying that if he wished earnestly to Barbatos, he would certainly have his wish fulfilled.

Hoping for a brother, he prayed every day by going to the Monstadt's cathedral and his wish came true one day.

One day his father went alone and came back with another one.

Diluc peered from behind Adeline's skirt to see his father holding a blue-haired boy who had passed out and was shivering.

Crepus kindly explained to him how Barbatos had listened to his wish and granted it in the form of the blue-haired boy who he had learned was named Kaeya.

Kaeya was the sweetest little brother ever to exist!

No one could compare to him, not even little Barbara no matter how much Jean insisted.

In Diluc's eyes, Kaeya was perfect and strived to be the best big brother ever.

Neither he nor anyone in Dawn Winery could say no to Kaeya, he would curl up his lips in a pout and the star in his eye would shine bright making them unable to deny whatever he wanted.

He had a bad habit of saying yes to the blue-head.

Making others shake their heads at him, like Diluc no, you cannot just use your vision to burn a tree just because Kaeya sneezed nor can you put a ban on grape juice because Kaeya would throw up at its smell.

Although Diluc had improved considerably in not spoiling the younger one, he still was too naive for Kaeya.

"Come on!" 

A whine left Kaeya as he tried convincing the older one who was hellbent on ignoring him.

"No."

"Why not!" Kaeya picked himself up from the pillow he was leaning on and made his way in front of the redhead who mind you was still ignoring him.

"Because I'll get in trouble," Diluc turned around to glare at the younger one, "And no one scolds you!"

Hearing this, the eyepatched male averted his gaze and whistled innocently.

Diluc looked at Kaeya who seemed to be hell-bent on ignoring him for not accepting his request. This was definitely emotional blackmail and it seemed that the other was winning.

After three days of being ignored by the person he spent most of his time with, the red-eyed heir forced Kaeya to speak to him. 

"Fine, I'll agree to it but you should give me something in return." He proposed to the tanned male who perked up when he heard the sentence.

"In return, I'll show you what's behind my eyepatch!" Kaeya easily agreed.

:::

"Mhmm,"

Diluc snapped out of his musing about the past when he heard a familiar groan. He looked down to see Kaeya sprawled on the counter table, unconscious.

His hair was framed down properly even during his sleep and it curled softly around his face.

Putting the glass he was cleaning down, Diluc gently patted Kaeya's hair with a gentle look on his face.

"Now I helped you sneak in the wine Kaeya, quick! Show me show me-"

Despite saying that they no longer had anything to do with each other, both of them knew that the redhead's statement was nothing but a lie.

They cared about each other too much but were equally stubborn to mend things properly.

So their care for each other was hidden under the shadows and behind teasing words.

His fingers went back and forth on the eyepatch and traced it before he cupped his mouth to stop the chuckle that left him when he remembered familiar words ringing in his mind.

"Behind my eyepatch, is another eyepatch!"

❛ 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐃𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐀𝐒 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 ❜

𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐀𝐒 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 ❜