Prologue: Living in Space

Earth has been unhabitable now that it is destroyed due to the sun exploding. Luckily the world governments were able to save as many people as possible during the evacuation in the ships. Lingard was one of them and he was beginning forced inside the ship as his family was left behind, watching them die as the ship launched as the sun exploded and destroyed the earth. Lingard grieved now that his family is dead and everything seems to be happening so fast.

Now the ship travels in vast space, trying to find a planet that humans can colonize and make that planet a home.
If they did find one planet that supports life then they shall take care of it.
No more pollution, No more resources taken for granted in the past, and finally no more ruining it with so much waste just like Earth in the past millennial.

The massive spaceship contains many things such as supplies like food, water, tools, and important equipment.
Over 2000 personnel were on board, while 4000 were civilians around the globe. Lingard was one of the personnel on the ship, he treated people who were hurt especially after they repair or do maintenance of the ship.

No One's POV
Lingard has not been receiving patients lately and now he is just sitting in his office in the med bay, drinking his coffee, and his sleep routine was messed up now. He barely knows when to sleep or not and everything was going smoothly as always but his family was gone now.

Lingard finished drinking his warm cup of coffee before he heard footsteps and saw a Black American who has brown hair named Greggory or Greg for short enter his office.
"Hey, Greg. Do you need anything?" Lingard asked the veteran soldier as he place his mug on the table.
"No...not really. The captain wanted to speak with you" Greg told Lingard and the medical doctor seems slowly frown.
"Okay, Gregg...Just tell him that I'll be there in 5 minutes cause I'll organize these files on my desk first" Lingard told the veteran soldier before he nodded and left his office.
The medical doctor organizes his files one by one before he sees the picture of his family at the graduation ceremony after getting his diploma after 10 years of studying in medical school.
In the picture. Lingard looked at the smiles on their faces but then the horrible memory of them dying made him cry a little before Lingard continues to sort out the files into his drawers.

~6 minutes later~
Lingard's POV
I reached the captain while on the bridge and I saw hundreds of people in here.
"What do you want? Captain" I inquire at him while crossing my arms.
Captain Zeal turns to face me, frowning at me.
The Captain was in the '70s now and he wore a white suit. Zeal's hair was white as snow now.
"Listen, Lingard...I'm Sorry about your family" He apologizes to me before I looked away at him.
"What is done is done, Captain," I told him sternly as I glance at him
"Oh, Lingard...I wish there is something I can do for you" Zeal felt guilty for my family not being alive after the massive evacuation.
"No need Captain...I just need some time alone for myself and...can I leave now?" I slowly walked away, waiting for his response.
"Yes... you may go" I began walking out of the bridge's door.

I begun wipe my forehead due to cold sweat and my goodness. The air feels a little colder in the ship but I kinda got used to it by now since I've been here for several years. My sleeping schedule was so messed up and I think everybody has a mixed sleeping schedules in the ship.
Walking back to my office. I see people in the hallway, mostly of them had jobs and my guesses are something along the lines of government officials or maybe some military soldiers. I was one of the doctors who treats the government personnel's injuries and I guess one of them let into this ship in the first before earth got destroyed.

The automatic door to my office opened and I sat back down on my chair, starting at my neatly organized desk. My eyes landed on my family picture frame as frown slowly tugged on my lips.
'I wish you were here...Mom and dad.' I begun to think of slight hatred towards the captain but I must let go of my past and looked into the future.

I open a drawer on my metal desk, pulling out my Samsung phone then my black colored headphones. This things were old but still functioning smoothly.
I unlock my phone, selecting the music player app and I scrolling down to my 147 music list that I downloaded.

I simply felt restless in my thoughts as cold sweat is trickling down my forehead. I dab the cloth on my sweat, wiping it as I stare at my family photo for so long in a complete silence for a whole hour before I decided to lay down on a high tech bed, thinking deeply in my thoughts alone.