CHAPTER 7

THE NEXT DAY

NICHOLAS' POV

I rest my head on my hand drumming my fingers against the counter as my eyes followed a blond working behind the counter.

I turned around on the stool I'm sitting on as he walked towards a booth on the far end of the diner. I pretended to be busy reading a pamphlet as he turned around walking back towards me or more like towards the counter.

I tried to read his name on the badge he put on his yellow apron matching the yellow coloured booths in the diner.

Elijah.

It suits him. Blond hair, brown eyes and so damn stunning. I wonder how old he is and if he's interested in men.

He disappears into a room and I crane my neck trying to get a glimpse just in case he wouldn't come out again.

"Elijah Brookes."

I turned my head to my left to see Mae smirking at me. She grabbed a cloth from below wiping the counter before continuing.

"You're going to replace him Nick. That's the reason boss gave you the job as soon as we requested him."

I frowned at her words.

"Why?"

"Elijah is moving away to States for his father's business or something. I'm not sure."

"Too bad."

Not many people know about my attraction towards men. Apart from my mom and friends, Mae and her boyfriend, Sameul, who's currently sitting alone in one of the booths sipping tea and working simultaneously. Only they know.

"Why don't you start a conversation with him?"

She wiggled her brows and the back door opened revealing Elijah who's no longer wearing an apron but a bag slinging on his shoulder.

He waved goodbye to Mae and smiled as his eyes lingered on me for a beat too long before walking towards the entrance.

"He's leaving."

I whispered leaning on the counter to which Mae sighed flicking my forehead.

"It's obvious that he caught you staring at him since you're done with your interview this morning. Didn't you look at his face just now?"

She got back to wiping the counter and moved away motioning at me to go. I stood up on my feet and rushed out of the diner to see Elijah taking a left turn.

One night with me before he leaves for States wouldn't hurt right?

I ran intending to catch up with him.

"Elijah!"

He halted in his steps turning around to face me with a knowing look on which made me smile.

"Hello."

The tips of his ears turned red. Cute.

"When are you leaving for States?"

"Mae already told you?"

"That's why I'm here."

He looked away biting his lip as if trying not to smile but failing miserably.

"Two weeks."

"Are you free tonight?"

"For you, yes."

I took a step forward taking his hand mine with a smile on my face.

"Your house or mine?"

"Yours."