Prologue

*BANG!*

*flop* *flop* *flop*

"Holy shit! What happened to you, baby?"

There on a street in the heart of the metropolitan of Thailand, a compact automobile of an European brand moves as fast as a snail due to the bad traffic since the evening. While everything seems normal, suddenly, there's a loud explosion noise coming from the right corner at the front, followed by a strange sound of rubber being crushed to the road's surface. The car starts shaking and makes the driver wail. He grabs the steering wheel tightly, too scared to crane his head outside the window to check the situation.

One thing's for sure, the young man is freaking out!

For an adolescent like him who has merely turned eighteen three months ago, earned his first driving license just recently, and been driving his dad's car in real streets for almost two months, a blown-out tire is no different to a disaster.

*HONK* *HONK*

"Just don't push, goddammit! Can't they just keep calm? Oh, come on. What am I supposed to do now?"

Frantically, he really doesn't know what to do, and then a bell rings.

Oh, right. Dad always said, 'Whatever the hell happens, just hit the goddamn hazard lights.'

Once he realizes that, he hits the magic button right away. And it seems to really work because the cars behind him begin to turn on the turning light and drive past him one after another. However, since he's in the center lane and the traffic is really bad, he needs to get his car out of this spot. Therefore, the amateur driver tries to control his car and make it go to the side of the road, and yet...

*patter* *patter* *patter*

"Oh, crap!"

He swears, and that's the only thing he can say when heaven literally adds insult to his injury. 'Rain,' the misfortunate teenager, wants to throw his fists up to the sky and ask all deities up there if he wasn't miserable enough.

So, he has let other drivers behind him know that there's something wrong with his car, and then what?

He guesses, in a time like this, there's only one thing he could do.

"DADDY! HELP ME!"

I gotta call my dad!

*knock-knock*

*gasp*

He is about to tap the green button to call his dad, but then he hears some tapping on the window. He jumps at the sound and shivers when he sees a man in a jet-black leather suit wearing a black helmet with a red flame pattern. That man is riding a big bike, staring at him, looking so intimidating that Rain thought he soon would be doomed.

Have I done something wrong without knowing?

Under different circumstances, Rain would just step on the pedal and flee. However, under this critical situation where the tire goes flat and is being crushed to the asphalt surface underneath, he can only try to hold back his tears.

*knock-knock*

The stranger taps on the windowpane harder and points to the damaged tire.

"%>€!$^>!€¥¥"

"What?!"

The man's voice is too muffled since there's a sheet of glass between them. The frightened boy lowers the window and shouts over the sound of the heavy rain.