Chapter 1

When the Storm Begins to Form

"Dude! You hear me? You gotta listen! He's so fuckin' cool, man! I was so freaked out when the tire blasted, bang! And then there was this stranger who showed up and knocked on the window at my side, and I thought, 'Holy shit! Is he gonna stab me and rob everything from me?' But I was so wrong! Not only was he kind and skillful, I mean, he changed my tire at just a snap of fingers, he was also—"

"Fuckin' cool and handsome, even Korean idols can't compare to him. He's like an angel on earth."

"Hey! How did you know that?"

"How could I not?! You've told me about it three times already! And each time you keep praising him differently; I almost think he's one of those forgotten Greek gods or something!"

Rain—or Warren, for his full name—makes a face when his friend snaps, and it seems like his friend has no interest in what he's saying at all since he goes back to reading comics on his phone, not caring to hear anything further. However, Rain doesn't give up. He needs to retell this for another twenty times, so he jumps to the front of his friend's desk and sits down, his hands gripping on the rims of the desk, and starts shaking.

"Dude! Listen to me, listen!"

"You're being a nuisance, you know?"

"And you're being mean, you know?"

"Fine, I'm mean! Why don't you just go tell your stories to the kind ones?!"

The more he gets ignored by his best bud, the harder he shakes the desk. He's dying to tell the story of that mysterious biker and starting to hate his friend for some reasons. His buddy keeps turning his face away, looking the other way, and locking his eyes only on the tiny screen. When Rain tries to snatch his phone to get some attention, his friend knows it and stops him by pushing his head away before it happens.

"Sky!"

"What?"

"You're so mean."

The mean one turns to meet his eyes and says something even meaner.

"Yeah... Now I know why you've never had a girlfriend despite your pretty face."

"Damn you! Don't rub it in!" Warren complains painfully. If he could lie down and squirm on the floor like a little kid right now, he would. However, he can only dart a sharp glare at his friend. He's not that stupid to need someone to interpret what Sky has just said. It's his bad habit of chasing after someone; all the girls agree that it's very... annoying.

I mean, don't 'em girls like to be taken care of? See, I always pay attention to details. I regularly check in on them, text them minute after minute, and keep no secret from them. How can that be annoying? I'm just 'someone who cares,' damn it. How can no one literally get it right like me!

Sky lets out a sigh when he sees his buddy go sullen. He puts his phone back into his pocket and looks straight to the one who's puffing up his cheeks. He can't help but sweep his glance all over Rain's face, from the hair of his brows to the hair in his nostrils. That doesn't change Sky's mind at all; he still believes that his friend is one of those nice-looking men. He has those eyes and irises that are naturally bigger than those who wear enlarging contact lenses. His nose is well-proportioned, his lips are rosy colored, and his skin is light since he's of Chinese descent. All those things combined with his height of almost 170 centimeters, he can make a lot of girls throw their eyes on him. And yet...

"All right. Fine. Tell me whatever you want me to hear."

"Now, that's my buddy! Okay, listen. The other night, my tire blew out, right? There was a 'bang,' and then my car swayed. I thought I was heading straight to Hades, but then there was a cavalier on a white horse coming to save me! How lucky I was, eh? At first, I thought he could be a thief because he wore that helmet that covered all of his face, but, on second thought, how would a thief afford a Ducati, right? And then he took off his helmet, and— My gosh! He's way far beyond handsome! And he was super duper cool when he picked up that heavy tire from the trunk of my car. He lifted it like this—"