chapter 4 - the drive

Lovino stayed silent in the passenger seat. He had argued for what seemed like an hour to gilbert. Now he was silent with rage.
Gilbert was the first o break the silence. "Why," his voice was sturn and strict but it was clear that he also cared a lot.
"Tch. Why the hell do you even care?" Lovino's words were sharp like knives and most will tell you about how those knives had cut so many people in the past. However, Gilbert seemed to not be effected by the cruelty of his words. In fact, an audible chuckle was realeased from his lips. Other than that, Gilbert did not respond. Lovino tried again. "I mean, I barely even know you..." Lovino's voice was softer this time and slightly confused.
"Maybe you're underestimating me," the other man stated. Lovino stared at him even more confused than before. Little did he know how much the Prussian cared for each and every one of the countries. "You know," Gilbert started back up, "you still haven't answered my question."
"Hu?" This was all lovino could say.
"What made you start?"
"Start what?"
"Dont play dumb with me."
"I'm not playing dumb!"
"Lovino Vargas! Why the hell did you start smoking!?"
"Because I can!!!"
"Lovino!" The car jerked to a stop as Gilbert pulled over. He turned to face the Italian with anger in his eyes. Lovino's head looked to the ground. Salty tears pored out of his eyes silently. Gilbert's scarlet eyes softened. He unbuckled his seat belt, and rapped his arms around lovino in one swift movement. He held lovino tightly into a hug.
"Why did he have to die like that?!" Lovino cryied out. Another wave of tears fell down his tanned face. Lovino continued crying. Eventually he started to hug the Prussian man back.
As lovino began to calm down and as he did he started to speak. "Can I tell you something?" His voice was unsteady and quite.
"Yeah what is it?"
"Do you promise not to tell anyone else?"
"Promise."
"... I... I killed Antonio..."