05 | do you get deja vu?

❛ 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐣𝐚 𝐯𝐮? ༉‧₊˚

The fight took everything from Kaeya.

He had lost his home before and he was just a child back then.

When the gods, the so-called celestia attacked them for the sole purpose of flexing their superiority.

It hurt back then when his mother lay dead on the ground, blood pouring out of her injuries and her body slowly losing its warmth.

Then slowly the guards around him fell one by one.

In the end, he was abandoned by his father in the lands of one of the archons who attacked and destroyed his home.

Then he learned of hope again.

In Mondstadt, he gained a new home with a brother and a father.

But it was as if he wasn't destined to be happy, because he lost this but of happiness as well.

His biological father left him alone, so he could be the hope of his homeland, he didn't know how and why.

Kaeya then lost his father, not by blood but by feelings, through the schemes of the fatui and all he could do was helplessly watch as his brother cried.

Diluc had always been the crybaby between the two, Kaeya who grew up in a desperate place like Khanneriah knew how to control his emotions for a long time.

But not Diluc, he could never not cry. 

He was someone who could not hide his feelings.

That night with the rain pouring over them, Kaeya let out his true tears for the first time.

Those salty drops rolled down his cheeks and blended so well with the raindrops that the other knights called him an apathetic and heartless creature who couldn't even mourn for the one who took a lowly orphan like him.

Kaeya decided that he didn't deserve this and told Diluc the truth.

The rest was history and Diluc left him with not one but two visions that day.

One which was flaming hot as if it wanted to burn everything in its way, perhaps that was what his redhead brother was feeling.

And the other was his own, cryo vision, it was as if everything was mocking him.

The vision of the archon of love - the archon whose minions ruined everything that night.

Love? Yeah, maybe because he lost his loved ones so perhaps it was fair.

Then how the vision only had 2 wings instead of three like the standard Mondstadt vision, so his wings were clipped.

Hahaha, Kaeya laughed.

Because Diluc left him only one thing.

His vision which he carried everywhere, making sure it was glowing and did not become dull.

Only when his brother returned back to Mondstadt did the pyro vision leave Kaeya.

Kaeya returned the vision to its original owner.

...

No matter what he did, he couldn't face his brother.

Perhaps Diluc was a coward.

It wasn't like he tried but perhaps he should have tried enough.

He was the older brother yet the younger one was the one who had the courage.

Kaeya took a step to mend their broken relationship by giving him the ugly vase and his vision inside it.

"Your tastes have worsened over the years," Diluc had said while receiving that monstrosity of an antique vase, the ugly one.

Still, he kept it.

Everyone ran in a never-ending cycle.

Deja vu, a feeling he had experienced more than once ever since he came back.

The way Kaeya would whine and reply to his comments, the way despite claiming that he never wanted any relationship with the tanned man and still putting a coat over him when he ended up sleeping at his bar.

He remembered doing this all before.

Diluc remembered many things, but perhaps he should've forgotten.

Because then it wouldn't hurt so much.

The redhead felt as if the universe was mocking him, showing him this scene.

Why did it have to hurt so much? Didn't he say that he hated Kaeya? Then why... why did it feel like his heart was ripped apart and burned into nothing but ashes?

Diluc held onto the vision with a tight grip, he wanted to yell and scream.

It was the same feeling Kaeya felt but more complex, more different and even more heart-wrenching.

Because in the end, Kaeya managed to return the vision to his brother - the original wielder of the pyro vision.

But Diluc couldn't...

He wanted to return the vision but it was an impossible feat.

After all, once the vision dulls, so does the life of the vision holder.

And Kaeya died in his arms.

❛ 𝐁𝐀𝐈𝐃-𝐀𝐈𝐃𝐒 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐅𝐈𝐗 𝐁𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐀𝐘 𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐖 ❜

𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐀𝐘 𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐖 ❜

tags: Fuchan142