06 | cruel words come with karma

❛ 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐤𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐚 ༉‧₊˚

warnings: death, canon spoilers about diluc's vision chapter, changed some things around the chapter

He was back.

Diluc Ragnvindr who had left Monstadt in quest of revenge had returned.

He was back to the place where it all began.

In the journey he made becoming a rogue, he realised many things.

Like how the world wasn't black and white like he had imagined but various colours seeping through the cracks sometimes making the world seem bright and other times gloomy.

Fixing his gloves, Diluc went to Angel's Share.

Since he had long given up on being a knight, a righteous one, he decided it was time to fulfil his responsibilities as the sole owner of his family's business.

He stepped foot inside the tavern and watched as Charles came to greet him. It was obvious that the man was happy seeing the redhead and it made his heart soften.

Charles went inside the cellar to check up on the wines and Diluc took a spot behind the counter and started wiping a glass to pass the time.

It was about time for customers to swarm inside when he heard the click of the door.

Without bothering to lift his head, he greeted: "Welcome to Angel's Share."

"Oh my,"

He heard a familiar chuckle making him look up. At the sight of the man in front of him, Diluc frowned.

"Now now, don't make such a face~" Kaeya teased.

He was dressed in a white suit and a black vest over the white shirt, he looked like a gentleman but Diluc knew how he truly was.

"...Sir Kaeya." He awkwardly referred to the other man. "I must ask you to leave as the opening hours have yet to start."

His eyes then glanced at the atrocious thing that was beside the tanned man.

"And take that thing with you as well."

Instead of agreeing and following, Kaeya stepped forward with a swagger that he could only watch with dead eyes at the display.