01 - Madhouse

Insanity

Insanity. The state of being mentally ill.

Madness. That's all I feel.

I'm isolated in a house with the devil inside, and anyone would go mad if they were stuck in a house where nobody appreciates them.

Nobody can differentiate between good and bad anymore.

All of it has become mixed together, in two beautiful broken hues.

I never wrapped my head around the shallowness of my home, house, and the people in it.

No one wants to visit.

There's a dark cloud above the house, making sure everyone knows pain and agony is the only thing here.

The dark hallways always make me creep with fear, the yelling of my mother and the screams of my brother invade my mind, staying there until I break and crack.

The first time I ever heard the screams, I was five.

Dressed In my brother's shirt that dragged on the floor, and my light brown teddy bear in hand.

My bare feet were on the cold hardwood floor making me shiver.

One slap.

Two slaps.

Panic rises in my blood flowing through my veins until It eventually turns into tears.

He screams.

She hits again.

She isn't satisfied. She never is.

The devil is never satisfied with the amount of souls he steals, so he keeps stealing more.

Just like my mother. No matter how many screams come out of his eight year old body, it's never enough.

It never will be.

She'll keep hitting until her arms grow tired–

until they don't have any strength in them anymore.

The worst part of it all, is that my brother will come back to our small, bland room, get in our twin bed, and he'll pretend everything is okay.

"It's okay, leia. I'm fine." He'll say, "Go to bed, princess. Tomorrow I'll make pancakes."

And he always did.

No matter how bruised or tired he was, he always took care of me.

Always kept his promises.

Now–11 years later, it's still the same.

Except Liam ran-away, and I'm the one getting smacked around.

He said he left so he could protect me, and get me out.

But I haven't seen him since the night he left.

I haven't heard a word from him.

"I'll be back for you, princess. I will come back. I promise.".... But he never came back.

He never kept his promise.

And now I'm left all alone in this madhouse with no one to save me.