part 7

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚LOUIS˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

Every year, the Council elders seem to have an unspoken challenge to make the Lunar Festival an even more opulent affair than the one before. There's not a tree in sight that is not swathed in gauzy light golden ribbons and tiny, sparkly lights and the grass has been trimmed meticulously so that a neat crosshatch pattern can be seen.

The whole forest smells like frosted cranberries and sweet pine and the silver moon hangs high in the night sky. While the nature that surrounds the Council Manor is impressive all on its own, the decorations add an elevated sense of a magical wonderland that Louis is sure he's seen in his dreams.

Delectable smells waft from steaming hot trays of food, all organized neatly on marble tables. Louis spies his pecan pie and can feel his mouth start to water.

After weeks of arguing and yelling to make his voice heard, Louis can finally see traces of his input being utilized in the festival this year and it overwhelms him with a sense of pride.

"You know, all the dance lessons and tedious preparations almost seem worth it by the time the festival actually rolls around," he can't help but admit, still surveying the beauty that shrouds the Council Manor.

"Speak for yourself," Niall pipes up. "Not even the rose cream puffs could make up for all the times my partner has stepped on my toes during practice. Besides, who gets evaluated during a festival? I thought the whole point was relaxation."

"Liar," Liam teases him. "I heard you and Ari in the private bathroom after dance lessons at least five times in the past semester."

"They're sweet don't get me wrong, but I'm telling you, their feet feel like they weigh five tons," Niall shudders.

Louis ignores the playful ribbing to survey the scene, hoping to spot one alpha in particular. He hadn't seen Harry at all this morning, too busy running around and making sure that everything was in its place. The last thing he needed was his parents' scolding if the event didn't go off without a hitch.

"You okay?" Zayn asks quietly, always the first to notice Louis' discomfort.

"I'm okay," he reassures the other omega. "Just looking for Harry."

"For being two mortal enemies, you sure do seem to have this insatiable need to be in close proximity to each other at all times." Zayn points out, Liam and Niall nodding from behind him. "In fact, I can't remember the last time you two were together that you weren't touching the entire time."

Louis splutters. "It's–, we're just–, he has a very agreeable body shape, okay?"

"Thanks, baby," a familiar voice drawls from behind him.

Louis whirls around to find Harry smirking at him, no doubt having been privy to the last few minutes of their conversation. The alpha looks beautiful, with his hair tied up into a tight bun and clothed in a dark green shirt with a low neckline.

"I told you not to call me that," he says sullenly, mostly for show in front of the other boys, but nonetheless lets Harry press into his backside to hold him in that possessive way he's come to crave.

"My apologies, dear," the alpha says smoothly.

"That's not any better," Louis mutters, but he tilts his head back until it hits Harry's firm chest and lets the alpha give him a kiss on the forehead.

"Hi," Harry says quieter this time, a greeting just for Louis.

"Hi," Louis can't help but blush at the warm tone from the alpha.