- preliminary

Hi!

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to give this a read. This is a lighthearted attempt at writing a story that's been in my mind for a while, and in some sense a way to escape, write more, and vent out some of my creativity.

I hope it's an enjoyable read. I partly want to say that this is a cringey story all in all, but I also have to admit reluctantly that I enjoy the silliness, goofiness, but serious tones that I have planned for this story. It's a small part of myself that I've enjoyed since I was little- writing, but I've never been courageous enough to publish it because I'm too much of a critic and too hard on myself. 

This story follows Matthew, a stoic, socially anxious boy who is logical, reclusive, and makes mental leaps and bounds to seclude himself. He meets Evalyna, who is whimsical, creative, witty, and makes her own mental leaps and bounds to belong and never feels really understood. He also meets Max, an energetic boy who cares deeply about his friends and wants the best for them. 

The three of them will encounter hurdles, go on adventures, and form a friendship that is only tested by the cruelty of time. This story can be a light read, but it does tackle some tough topics throughout with an emphasis on perseverance. If you are someone who might be turned off or upset by tough concepts like mental illness and more, I respectfully ask that you either read with caution or avoid this story.

50% of the credits to this story goes to a former best friend of mine, Deanna. She forged the character Evangeline, and a lot of her is inspired by Deanna's personality. We're not friends anymore, but she does own the character Evangeline who is an inspiration for Evalyna. She's a brilliant writer and a great person and I wouldn't be who I am today without her. 

Without further ado, I hope you have fun reading.