A Guide To Our Community

In this chapter, we will be exploring our current community initiatives and to give you a glimpse of what they can bring you. This chapter is to provide a brief overview as well as to serve as a guide on how to join our initiatives if you're ever interested. In a big picture, our initiatives can be grouped into three categories— Workshop, Book Club, Support and Seasonal.

What is a "Workshop"?
Initiatives under this category include Reverie Reviews and Opia Graphics. Workshop initiatives are created to help personal development (both writers and graphic designers), in an environment where workload is determined by oneself. Basically, you have control over your own workload and you decide for yourself how much and how fast or slow you want to go.

Reverie Reviews (RR)
RR is one of the first few initiatives created when SG Community started. It has pretty much a highly popular concept of a review shop. Except with some slight differences (for more details on how it works check out RR). You can join this workshop as a community member by signing up as a SG Reviewer, or request for reviews for your WP book. To request for a review, please make sure to follow the "Rules" and read "How It Works". Currently, RR is managed by none other than three wonderful ladies; Monique (MoniTheTigerEmpress) who likes to hide in cozy blanket forts, the intense carebear, Lily (LadyInLostYearn) and our second new young lily (echoesofemotions)!

Opia Graphics (OG)
OG is basically our community's graphic shop and it is currently manned by the secretly talented and mysterious Haize (adretaRyder).

The word "-opia" refers to a visual defect or a condition such as myopia, an increasingly common condition among screen-users like us 😶‍🌫️. However, it also has a totally different meaning 🦔. The opia feeling refers to the ambiguous intensity of looking someone in the eye, which can feel simultaneously invasive and vulnerable—their pupils glittering, bottomless and opaque—as if you were peering through a hole in the door of a house, able to tell that there's someone standing there, but unable to tell if you're looking in or out.

The concept of naming it like that by devianmisfit  was because she felt that all works of art are windows to the artist's soul, and she has very ambitious goals of making OG a one-stop graphic shop for all graphic needs and wants.

To find out how you can request for graphic covers/banners/aesthetics from OG, please read "How It Works". You can also join our community as a SG Graphic Designer.

~

What is a "Book Club"?
Initiatives under this category are created with the purpose of interacting with other club members and doing similar assignments. Basically, you will be actively participating with a group of people, but the workload is regulated. Unfortunately, due to a lack of admins, we only have one current initiative under this category known as the EBC :)

📖 Eunoia Book Club (EBC)
A book club born out of Christmas just two years ago where Eunoians will be grouped into pairs or threes and complete weekly assignments. Weekly assignments involve reading each other's WP book and leaving helpful comments targeting the writing. EBC also has a special assignment for readers-only where those under this group will be reading the Savant Featured book. After every week, Eunoians will have to comment on their status to show that they have completed their assignment on time.

The person who has been actively participating in the assignments, such as following all the comment requirements and have been reporting their statuses, will be voted by the SG Management Team to be featured for a month.

EBC is currently updated by devianmisfit herself, with the help of Dana (miqthyhero), our SG Head Captain 😎 At the same time, our EBC mentors which are as equally important are: Julia (JuliaJustWrites), Astrid (CoffeeAndSilverInk) and out newest Lily (LadyInLostYearn)

What is "Support"?
Initiatives under the support category are aimed at helping authors and writers, exactly what its name entails. There are two new initiatives under this category— The Savant Archives and SG Magazine.

📜 The Savant Archives
Where we keep a record of all past winners of the Savant Awards, special mentions and also shout-outs. Basically, Savant G. Community's small archive.

🪻SG Magazine (SGM)
SGM is a very special and unique initiative that was created and updated by Astrid (CoffeeAndSilverInk), and so far one of the most challenging initiatives to start! Don't worry though, we love challenges 🥸. This initiative is special and closest to all our hearts because it houses several columns aka topics. By far, there are three columns up and running:
↳ Interviews
↳ Savant Insiders
↳ Wattpad News
↳ Writing 101

The main purpose of SGM is to help writers and authors by giving them a voice, provide writing tips, consolidate some of the interesting updates in Wattpad, and also some tea discussions. Basically, a behind-the-scenes book and a place for Wattpadders to congregate. The community positions open for SGM are newly created, called SG Writers and SG Interviewers, for more information check out the hiring chapter.

Lastly, we have come to "Seasonal" initiatives.
Seasonal initiatives, like its name implies, only occur at specific periods of the year/month. There are also two initiatives under this category and they are Disegnare Socialite and our very highly-demanded Savant Awards.

✍🏻 Disegnare Socialite (DS)
This is the product of Devian's overtly ambitious goals on trying to create a place for passionate graphic designers to participate in mini projects or contests.

🫶🏻 The Savant Awards (TSA)
This is the legendary legacy that started the SG Community 🥵 Every year during the months of May to June, a book awards will be hosted by none other than yours truly, with fun activities and prizes. We also outsource judges so you can join us as a judge!

With this I hope it gives a great overview of the community initiatives here in SG 🍑