Chapter 2 - Hunted

27th of September • 1:47 • Café

Ava's POV

I told her it was a bad idea but she didn't listen. I asked Fay to keep the people in the café and away from the doors and windows so I could keep an eye out for Maya. What an idiot, she was always doing things for the protection of others yet she would ignore her own safety.
I guess it's also a reason to look up to her.

I stood behind her, not too far from the door as she walked out unknowing of my presence. The streets were empty, all I could hear was the sound of my own heart beating, or maybe.. maybe it was hers.

She stopped moving.

Curious at what she saw, I took a glimpse of what looked like a figure of a man, it was just.... standing in the road.
He wasn't facing us, so I could not make out his identity or if I have ever seen him before.

Before I could say anything, Maya took a step forward.

"Sir, what happened here?" She spoke up.

He didn't budge.

I took Maya by the shoulder and slowly pulled her towards myself. She flinched in shock after realizing I was behind her this whole time.

"Maya come on, he doesn't look stable, let's just go back in a try to get some information from the people inside"

She shook me away and responded with a whisper "Ava, the people in the café are all in shock from- well- whatever the hell happening here. I don't think we'll be getting information from them anytime soon."

I trusted her enough to let her continue trying to speak with this man.
And within seconds I found myself back inside the café.
Fay looked at me and asked what was going on.

"Honestly, I have no clue but we saw this man-or at least it looked like one. I trust Maya and it doesn't hurt to just talk to him, right?" I responded, shrugging.

Fay turned her head after the response. " Alright."

I took her hand and looked her in the eyes, " I don't think anything big is going to happen anyway, we live in a not-so-popular area after all" I laughed.

Letting go of her hand, I turned to the 'guests'. "So, is anyone here calmed down enough to tell me what happened?"

I noticed Fay looking out the window, I didn't bother to say anything, she seemed to be keeping an eye out for Maya.

A lady got on her knees and started crying " He came out of nowhere- Eyes red like the devil!" Her child took steps back, he looked terrified.

" Uh, I've lived here my whole life, there's no man with that description in the area."

"Not a man! Please please please get your friend back inside!" She pleaded.

What the hell is going on? Maybe she's talking about some guy who's high.
I'm surprised it's not one of my band members.

Maya speed walked back in before shutting the door. " Oh man-"

" What is it?" Fay asked.
" He looked at me and didn't look too nice- He had blood on his face! I'm not talking to him now. Nope- Nah. Not happening." Maya responded.

"Holy shit, we need to call the cops." I mumbled taking out my phone.

"Wouldn't the cops show up soon? Since this happened we can't be the only ones to call 911" Fay replied, looking at the people who sat at the booths with shaky hands