SS - Sabre but he failed to get rid of Dark Steves powers

Tw blood and death

'This is my last chance. I have to get rid of Dark Steves powers now, or may never see tomorrow.' Sabre thought, limping towards the machine, stopping beside Rainbow Steve's house and leaning against it.

He looked around, making sure Rainbow Steve didn't see him run to the re-purposed machine. Seeing he wasn't around, he sprinted to his last chance.

Just as he was about to enter the machine, ice appeared, destroying it. He fell to his knees.

".evetS kraD ,ti si sihT" Rainbow Steve said from the sky. ".revo s'tI"

"No... no, no, no, no no!" Sabre cried. As more of the darkness spread across his body, he screamed in pain, and blood seeped from his mouth.

"?tsol ev'uoy taht gnizilaer yllaniF ?kraD ,gnorw s'tahW"

Just as Sabre's screams faded, the dark marks covered him completely. His body went limp, and leaned backwards, but somehow stayed upright.

The darkness suddenly lifted off of him, and the moment it was gone, Sabre's body went limp and he fell over.

Rainbow Steves face changed immediately from anger to surprise.

"?erbaS ..."

That's when he realized. It was never Dark Steve he was fighting. It was Sabre the entire time, and Sabre had drank the wrong bottle.

Rainbow Steve dropped to the ground and ran towards Sabres limp body.

"Sabre!!"

~~~

222 words