A painful day

The time passes slowly for Walter. It is almost 6 a.m and he  hasn't eaten anything yet. He is working on a new project, a meaningless one, just like the hot dog he had once made ...
He is indeed upset about how things turned out to be from one moment to another.  He can't but to blame himself for loosing his friends and his job. But truly, he isn't guilty of anything.  Walter had always  a low EQ, so every time things had gone wrong, it was only on him. That's what he thought at least.

_________________________________________

Lost as he was in his mind, he didn't notice Florence who had just  entered the building.

Flo: hey Walter.

Walter: hey ( he says as he continues being lost in his thoughts )

Flo:  ( walks towards  Walter)

Cabe called...

Walter: okay

Flo: are you- ?

Walter: yes.

Do you need anything?

Flo: I came because I found us a case. I know you aren't well , so , as soon as Cabe told me ...

Walter:  drop  it. I have work to do .

Flo: look I know you are upset ,but-

Walter: ( looks at Florence)

Flo: I tried hard to find us this ( shows a newspaper). Would you mind giving it a chance?

Walter: ....a newspaper?? Really?

Flo: come on , trust me . it is a good one

Walter: okay. let it there ( shows Toby's old desk) . I will see it later

Flo: okay. ( looks Walter with a huge smile).

I am leaving now . I have to attend a chemistry lecture.

Walter: have a good day Florence

Flo:  you too  ( she says as she is leaving the building).

_________________________________________

Walter's Pov (talking to himself )

She is a good woman indeed.  I don't get why Paige was so mean on her . I mean, besides her feelings for me , she just cares about the team . Cared actually, Scorpion doesn't exist anymore.  She is a true friend  and she respects me opinion. She doesn't try to change me. I think she is like me . But again, I miss Paige, Toby, Happy, Sly, Cabe and ... the kiddo.

okay let's check the case now. 

hmm.  okay I see. So national threat is it. Florence did a good job.

hmm, this is quite serious. A team of assassins came to the USA and brought lethal bombs and weapons.  hmm. I nee more info in this

_________________________________________

Florence's Pov ( talking on the phone)

Yes , he has bitten the bait. Don't worry, he hasn't understand a thing. He thinks
we are going to work on a significant case. Yes the rest of the team haven't called him from last time either. Not once. Our plan was successful (😈). They literally abandoned him. Besides, that was our target . He has to feel your pain , remember? The pain you felt when he looked you up in the asylum .

So are we moving to the next step ?

_________________________________________