HIDDEN

The gates of hell have been opened, which means all the things I've heard about Ruslan were true, and he knows of Cherri's absence.

Now, my next plan was to get her out of the country. There, I would have more allies and leverage. I thought I had a little more time, but acting now is very crucial.

"Where is my daughter?"

Sherri came into my room with worry on her face. She is under the impression that I've caused harm to Cherri before, and that's the reason for her running.

Technically, she was correct, but that wasn't my intention.

"Your daughter is fine. She's being bathed and prepped for our trip."

Her eyes widened. "Where are you taking her?"

"That's none of your concern."

My words changed her mood. "You're kidnapping my child...it is my concern."

I chuckled. "Oh, now you want to be a mother....that's funny."

"Yes, I do, and words don't hurt me, Xander. All I care about is my daughter's happiness and well-being. You seem to not care at all."

"I do care...I want her to be happy."

"Then leave her be."

"Cherri doesn't realize the potential greatness of our union. Once she spends more time with me, she will see my reason."

Sherri's face was filled with disgust.

"You raped her...didn't you? She didn't want to have sex with you, let alone have your child."

I ignored her words and went to check on the future mother of my kids. My plans were not going to stop because of a deadbeat mother's opinion or a crazy person who attached himself to Cherri.

Down the hall, I stood at the door of the room where she was inside. I took out a small vile from my suit jacket and stared at the red liquid. I drank the whole bottle and took a deep breath.

It only took thirty seconds for the substance to take over my body. The burning through my veins was painful, but I breathed through it.

Once the pain stopped, I knew I was ready. Walking into the room, Cherri stood in the mirror. I made sure that her clothes were brand new and fit her perfectly.

"It's time for us to go."

Cherri froze, looking at me. I can tell she had been crying, but I was determined to fix her sadness soon.

"Come here. Let me see you."

Instead of walking, she ran into my arms, and I enjoyed how her body felt against me.

"Ru-Ruslan...." she looked at me with hope in her eyes.

"No worries, I'm here...are you ready to leave?"

"Hell yes!"

She said while hugging me, and I smiled. My lips kissed hers, causing her to moan. I couldn't contain my arousal but instead of fucking her at the moment I did the next best thing.

My fangs penetrated her neck and she screamed. Then slowly her body relaxed. The taste of her blood was delicious but I had to stop before I got carried away.

She was limp in my arms from passing out. I carried her to the car and I drove to the airport for our private plane. Once we got on, I knew great things were ahead of us.

"Ruslan?"

"Are you okay?" I had to remember my appearance.

Cherri looked around, then back into my eyes. "You came for me..."

"Yes."

With no words, she straddled me, then kissed my lips. I took her to the back where our room was, and I let her thank me for rescuing her.

***

I sat in a room by myself...it felt like hours. I didn't know where Xander was going to take me, and I prayed Ruslan would find me instead.

There was a tap on the door that cause me to tense up. When it opened, my mother came into the room, then locked the door.

"Mom!"

I called out and ran to her. She hugged me tight, and it felt good. Her being with the Petrov family, I figured she had her reason.

"What are you doing here?"

"Shhh...I need you to listen to me, please."

I gave her a nod.

"I know Xander hurt you, and I want to help you get away from him."

My eyes watered at the thought of getting free.

"I'm going to take your place to keep him distracted while you escape."

"How are you going to do that?"

"Well, we share the same DNA, and we do resemble each other so it would be a lot easier than finding a completely different host."

"Okay but..."

"I have a way....stay right here."

My mother held the charm that was hanging around her neck and said a few words I didn't understand. She pulled out a knife, slicing the palm of my hand....I hissed at the pain.

She did the same to her hand, then squeezed our palms together.

"Close your eyes and repeat after me."

I did as she said, starting to feel lightheaded. When I tried to pull away, a shock went through my body. We both fell to our knees, but when I opened my eyes, my mother now authentically resembled me. My hand was let go, and I stared at her in awe.

"Whoa...this is unbelievable."

She got up and grabbed my hand again, taking me out of the room. We ran down the hall and went down some back stairwell. It was dark and cold as we entered the back room.

"You're gonna go through this small door. Take this bag and do not look back. I marked the trees with circles that only you can see. Follow them out onto the main roadway and keep going from there. I'm sure you can find your way through the city."

"Yes, I can...what about you?"

"I'll be fine. If I'm not after this it'll be worth it as long as you are safe. That's all that matters to me."

I grabbed the bag and walked towards the door, but before I kneeled to crawl through, something told me I wasn't going to see her again.

"Mom, wait!"

She turned back around, and I hugged her tight. Sherri returned the hug... I didn't want to let go.

I just got her back, and now I'm going to be without her again.

"Cherri, I love you more than anything in this world. I am so sorry for not being a good mother. I pray to the ancestors that you can forgive one day."

"I already have..."

With those words, her body shook with sobs, and I squeezed tighter. Soon, we pulled away, then I said goodbye to my mother.

"Thank you, Mom."

"No...Thank you, baby girl. I love you, Cherri."

Sounds of footsteps coming down the stairwell could be heard. I hurriedly crawled through. My mom slammed the small door closed and locked it.

I heard her screaming, and I ran away as far as I could, not looking back like she said.