Chapter III

«Harry's POV»
"'Ere boys. Don't lose these ticke's. The train leaves a' ten. Good luck," Hagrid said. We nodded, looking down at the strips of paper.

"Wait, Hagrid, these must be wrong," I told the half-giant.

"These say platform 9 3/4," Nico continued. Then we looked up. Hagrid was nowhere in sight.

"Hagrid?" we called in unison.

"Ugh, let's go." Nico took my free hand and we pulled our carts to platform ten.

We spotted a family of five redheads going toward the barrier between nine and ten.

"Come dears," the mum said. "Oh, this platform is always full of Muggles."

Nico and I looked at each other hopefully. "Muggles" was a wizard word.

The two oldest, twins it seemed, ran at the barrier and just seemed to disappeared.

"What?" Nico murmured. We pushed our carts up to the family. There was a young boy around our age, a girl who appeared to be his little sister, and the mum.

"Um, excuse me, but do you know how to... well..."

"Get on the platform?" The mum smiled warmly at me. "Yes, of course, sweetheart. "It's Ron's first time too."

The boy waved at us. I waved back, while Nico just nodded in acknowledgement. He didn't really like strangers.

"I'm Molly Weasley. This is my son Ron and his sister Ginny. You just run straight through the barrier, dears," she said. "Here, Ron, you go first."

Ron nodded and gripped his cart, plowing straight at the brick beam. Then he disappeared through it.

"See? It's simple." Molly smiled.

I took a deep breath. "Ready?" I asked Nico. He nodded and we ran through the barrier together.

"Whoa," Nico marvelled. The platform was really cool.

"Come on, we have to get on the train, it's leaving soon." I took his hand.

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

"Hey, um, d'ya mind if I sit here? Everywhere else is full," the redhead boy from the platform (Ron) asked.

"Yeah, of course." I nodded. He sat down across from me, next to Nico. There was a seat between them though. Nico seemed to dissolve in the shadows. He didn't seem happy about sitting with a stranger.

"I'm Ron. Ron Weasley," he said.

"Harry Potter," I replied. His eyes widened.

"Whoa," he whispered. "Is it true? You have the... the scar?"

"Oh, yeah." I lifted up my bangs and showed him it.

"Wicked." He grinned. "Who's your friend?"

"He's my best friend, Nico di Angelo," I replied. Nico smiled a bit at Ron.

"Nice to meet you," Ron said. Nico nodded.

"He doesn't like new people too much, but don't worry, he'll warm up to you," I told the redhead.

"Excuse me." A girl appeared at the door. She had big, bushy brown curls and she was already wearing her Hogwarts robes. "Have you seen a toad? My friend Neville's lost his."

The three of us shook our heads.

"Jiminy crickets [is that how its spelled?]!" The girl waltzed right in. "You're Harry Potter!"