2.7

© JULI2N2

© JULI2N2

"i'm the love of your life
until i make you mad."

The faint sound of rain pattering against the windows of the room are his only reminder of the experience he was in wasn't a dream

This is how it should be.

The feeling of her in his arms and his own wrapped around her figure, it was better that feeling when you first wake up and you feel pure bliss.

How for that one second you forget all your troubles of the world. That one second where her smiling face would seep into his mind and purge it like a disease.

They both knew she would be happier with him, it's just common sense.

They're surrounded with peace. Laying on his bed, wrapped in each other's presence. Not a care for the world that resided outside the windows.

The TV at the foot of the bed was playing Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse. He played it because he knew it was one of her favorite movies.

His stomach would churn in a way he never thought he would feel. The way she raised his arm to better rest her face on.

He simply rested his face on her head, snugging into her hair.

He would give her the faintest kisses on the top of her head, to let her know he was still there. That she was away from all her problems.

His mind was filled with serenity while hers was filled to the brink with chaos.

Half of her own mind was twisting. Saying how he does all that to her because he loves her. "This is how love is supposed to be, embrace it!" She would tell herself.

But the other half reminds her. "This isn't love. Being in his arms like you are now is love."

Sometimes she's sick of her own mind. Isn't there another piece of her that wants something else?

She didn't crave neither of their love. She realized she wanted her own love. She just wanted to love herself, not a man being there to tell her 'I love you' every second.

Y/n slowly raised herself from her spot on his bed, Childe raised a brow at the action. He lifted his other arm and placed it on his cheek, sitting upwards to face his star-crossed lover.

Y/n played with the hem of the shirt she was using, his shirt, as she tried to get the words out of her mouth.

"I... I think I'm going to break up with him." She mumbled.

But Childe caught onto it. His face broke into a smile and he immediately scooped her into his arms. He rolled both of them back and forth out of his own giddy excitement.

Y/n couldn't help the laughs that escaped past her lips. His happiness rubbing onto her.

They both sat in front of each other now, basking in the presence of each other. "I'm so happy and proud of you!" Childe said. Y/n cupped the sides of his face with her hands, her thumb rubbing small circles on his cheek.

He leaned into her touch, afraid it'll go away in a flash.

"I realized that what me and him have isn't love. It's just destroying us both," She started off. "And this. What we have right now..."

Childe pressed a small kiss against the palm of her hand, never breaking eye contact with her.

"This is love, I realize it now!" She smiled faintly.

Her smile slowly turned into a sad one, where her true emotions shine through. "But it's not the love I want right now," She ended.

Childe's eyebrows scrunched in confusion. "What do you mean? Isn't this what you wanted? To be happy?" He asked in a small voice.

Y/n nodded, small tears brimming her eyes. "It is. But right now, I want to love myself. I don't want someone else telling me that they love me when I don't even love myself."

Childe slowly took her hands off his face, holding it in his own hands instead.

He brought her in for a hug, a hug they both needed. "I'll be there for you, every step of the way then. And at the end I'll be waiting for you."

Y/n smile was bittersweet, she truly was glad he was there for everything.

A small ding from her phone interrupted their moment, Y/n wiped her small tears and reached over for her phone.

Every happy moment couldn't last forever. Sometimes they had to end with frowns.

scaramouche

scaramouche
bro kat when are u coming back

y/n
who's kat.

thanks for the name leak lmfao.

scaramouche
oh

wrong person

y/n
and u told me to not worry abt u cheating again

scaramouche
yh bc u went to be with that ginger fuck so wtf am i supposed to do

y/n
idk. talk it out?

leave me tf alone rn and go fucking make out with this bitch named kat lmfao

i wanna talk in a few days. no arguments. bc im so sick of this.

scaramouche
ok can u stfu too bc she js came back
seen 6:23 p.m.

will confirm that runnin is ending in 2-3 chaps and i have no clue if i'm doing a part two but it's a x childe

I CANT WAIT FOR THIS TO END BC ITLL BE SUCH A JOURNEY ACCOMPLISHED OMGG

anyways, i wanna end this on likeee june 2nd bc that's when across the spider verse releases and i want to see that movie SO BAD.

(zuko fic coming up!! collab with sixtine [-KUROMIS] 🫶🫶)