~ N E W F A C E S ~

DAMON

Fuck! I'm running late.

Jaxson has already called, I've missed 20 calls from him.

My cousin has a wonderful knack for making me angry.

Since the passing of both of his parents a few years ago, he has been residing with us. Through it all, I was appreciative to have him nearby. Especially considering what a valuable member of the family he is.

Although my dad's decision to take him in was undoubtedly not a kind one.

He's a piece of shit and brutal. He is entirely concerned about himself.

He is the standard mobster. Mob leader. Don.

We were all given birth to this life for a cause, and this life is where we shall all pass away. Normalcy will never be attainable.

And once I finish school, I'll get my chance.

I'll take control. Become the don.

I've always wished I could be. more than anything, the boss. Since I was thirteen, I have devoted years to demonstrating my worth to this family.

"Bonjour" (Hello)

"Where in the fuck are you?" Jaxson loses it.

"Overslept."

"Well, Chloe and Louis are still with me, so I won't be waiting about all day."

I hang up the phone and get my cigarettes before leaving. I see Jaxson and my step-siblings standing close to the back of the Bentley.

Louis and Chloe are fraternal twins who are both a few years older than I am. They are the offspring of my father's second marriage.

Chloe is quite similar to her mother, which makes her somewhat frightening.

Her mother had a reputation for being an extremely cruel and harsh person. She was bitter and unfun to be around.

Even as she passed away from cancer, she still made my dad uneasy.

Chloe has consistently stated that she will follow in her mother's footsteps. She made the decision to spend a few years traveling over Italy with one of our alleys.

She fell in love and is currently engaged to Alessio, a Romano son. After they are married, our families will come together.

This will allow us to access a portion of their ports and earnings. It will thereafter increase our hold over Portofino.

Now aside from Chloe's terror, our brother Louis is a monster. He is around six feet tall and has 250 pounds of pure muscle.

I count on him for a lot of things because he is one of my closest friends. His strength and lack of feeling when it comes to killing others especially.

He'll be my second in command when the time comes.

The three of us begin to climb inside the car as soon as I approach them. When I look back at the manor, I can feel my dread growing because I still have months remaining in my final year of high school when I could be completing tasks here.

We reside in one of New York's wealthiest neighborhoods. The size of our mansion allows us to shelter our entire family, along with multiple guards and housekeepers.

We surpass the state's current 1% of billionaires.

"You took too long!" Jaxson grabs my cigarette while glaring at me.