Pacifier- II

To know to full story read it's first part 'Pacifier -I'

Murtasim runs upstairs, opened the door and looked at Meerab who was sleeping because of the dose of medicine.He went near her worried and restless, sits beside her and carefully examines her with his eyes,  which was moving from her face towards her hands which had IV channel inserted in it. He then holds her other hand from which heat can be felt because of fever, his face turned worrisome, a sence of regret can be seen on his face....he just closed his eyes, grit his teeth in anger. He was angry on himself because Meerab was suffering because of his action, although Meerab was wrong but this was the harsh punishment for her mistakes.

After a moment he opens his eyes, looked at her face which was looking pain-free now as the unconscious mind has cut off her from the emotions she was holding from days. He then removes the cold strips held on her head just to change it and keep it again.

Aneela enters the room, she said from behind, dekhne me kitni bhi ziddi lage par bahut hassass(sensitive) hai Meerab, sabke dukh ko samjhti hai aur hamesha madad karne ke liye tayar ho jati hai par use hamesha zillat aur rusvahi hi milti hai.... murtasim tilts his head and listened aneela....he was  regretful, guilty , angery, all emotions hiting his heart

He replied, ab aap fikar mat kariye mai hu Meerab ke saath, aur har zillat aur rusvahi ko apni mohabbat ki chaadar se dakh kar use saari khushiyan dunga Jo vo deserve karti hai....he said in very calm voice, like he is the medicine for Meerab he can cure the deepest wound she was suffering with.

Aneela was standing near door, not interrupting their privacy after saying  she left closing the door as she knew now murtasim can handle everything.

From the window, sky was looking pinkish, sun was about to set..... Meerab's fever was still not down, it's been hours murtasim was just changing cold strips. He then gets up and walks near window, holds his forehead. It has become most difficult part of his life, seeing Meerab like that.

He then heard the azaan and forwards his hand and closes his eyes for worship....said 'ya Allah iski saari takleefe dur karde,beshak un takleefo ko mere hisse daal de, Mai ise besomaaar Khushi de Pau mere maulla'
he then just moves his hand on his face saying 'Ameen'....

He then looks at Meerab tilting his face towards her, there was a silence in the air. The room was turning dark as the the sun has set. He went close to Meerab and opens another blanket just to cover her up as Murtasim felt that she needs more warmth and sits beside her holding her hand and rubbing it between his as now meerab hand's felt cold, she was lightly sweating.... murtasim has some satisfaction on his face as in hour or so it's seems like her temperature will become normal.

After few hours when Star was twinkling in the sky and murtasim was sitting on the armchair leaning on it as he hasn't left the room since he has come there, he was tired after a long drive from Hyderabad to Karachi.

Aneela comes with a cup of tea, entering silently in the room....said beta chai pilo thori thakan kam ho jayegi, putting the tray on the side table.

Murtasim coming out of his trance said nhi thik hai, I'm good.

Aneela comes and sits beside Meerab, puts her hand on meerab's forehead to check and it was not burning like before, she said 'shukar hai khuda ka' in a relief.

Murtasim looked at her while sitting on sofa.

Aneela said mai sukrane ki namaz padh kar aati hu, tum Meerab ka khayal rakhna aur chai pee Lena....tumhe thora aaram milegaa

Murtasim looked at her gives her a little smile and she left.

Murtasim is little relieved now but his eyes is still restless as he just waiting for Meerab to get up.