A Job Well Done

Magna's broom took off chaotically into the sky. Asta was swinging his arms around enjoying the feeling of the ride while Magna yelled at him to grab onto something so he didn't fall off. Asta grabbed onto Noelle's waist which made her freak out and knock him off the broom stick.

"Asta!" Lily shouted after Asta who was falling through the air behind them.

"Don't worry Lily, I'm on it. Hang on guys!" Magna said as he turned his broom around, swooped down and caught Asta as he fell. He dangled by his shirt from the broom's bull skull horn, totally traumatized from the experience. Shortly after, the four of them arrived at the outskirts of Saussy Village. It didn't take long for them to spot the boars. They had huge tusks and fiery mana blazing off their heads and hooves. Magna sat down and rested himself against his broom stick to recharge his energy and magic power. Lily and Noelle kept an eye on the boars in the distance. Asta charged towards the boars with confidence. As he approached them, he realized just how huge they were and started to back off. But it was too late, one of the boars had already noticed him and started to chase him and fling him about. Noelle watched the scene, but didn't jump in to help him because of her lack of belief in her ability to do anything.

"Magna, don't you think we should be helping him?" Noelle asked Magna who gave her a tired look.

"I'm not doing anything 'til I've rested up a little. Do you know how much work it was flying you three out here? It took a whole lot of freakin' magic and muscle." Magna said as he watched Asta get flung into the air by a boar.

"Ah it'll be okay. Asta's a sturdy guy." Manga said, smiling as he watched Asta was getting chased back and forth.

"Yes but..." Noelle said with a bit of concern which surprised Lily a bit.

"If you're so worried, then go help him. I ain't gonna stop ya." Magna said with a relaxed tone as Noelle just sighed. She walked over closer to the boar and opened her grimoire and cast a water ball spell at the boar that had Asta cornered. But then the water sphere changed direction and hit Asta instead.

"Why me?!" Asta yelled as he got doused by Noelle's spell. Magna laughed at the whole scene and Lily giggled a bit. It was quite amusing after all. If Asta got hurt, then she'd be concerned. But as Magna said, Asta is a sturdy guy. There was no reason for her to worry. After she finished laughing at Asta, she joined in to help him. She summoned her scythe from the pages of her grimoire and flipped through them to the water spell section. The glyphs were solid black in color, meaning that they were usable.

"Water Creation Magic: Sea Dragon's Waterball!" Lily shouted and created the same spell as Noelle did earlier that accidentally hit Asta. She pointed at the boar with her scythe blade and willed the ball of water to hit it. The ball of swirling water shot towards the boar and hit it dead on, slamming it into a boulder and knocking it out cold while putting out the fire on its head and hooves. Asta stopped running, realizing that the boar wasn't chasing him anymore.

"Woohoo! Way to go Lily!" Magna cheered as Noelle looked at Lily, shocked that she just used her magic to attack the boar and actually hit the target.

"Wow Lily... you actually got the boar using the same spell I used. Wait, I thought you could only use the magic of your opponents." Noelle said as her look of amazement was replaced with one of confusion.

"I can use the magic of both foes and allies that are within my vicinity. But I can only use magic attributes once my weapon has come in contact with the mana. I have access to your magic because I slashed through it to help Asta save you when your magic spun out of control and you're in my vicinity. I wouldn't be able to use it if you were too far away." Lily told Noelle who began to understand how her grimoire and weapons worked.