Theory Test

~Brief Recap~

Lily and Asta were on their way back to the church from training together. They sparred against each other to train for the Magic Knight's Entrance Exam, but it ended with them getting a little... intimate. During the training battle match Lily tried to cast a wind spell at Asta like she did when she faced her older brother Zephyr, but it didn't work. Her bewilderment gave Asta an opening and he ended up giving her a minor injury. She lifted her shirt up a bit to inspect how severe it was and accidentally exposed herself to Asta who got turned on. This led to them losing their virginities to each other. After their heated session, Lily mentioned to Asta that she couldn't cast a wind spell when sparring with him. He then came up with a theory explaining why that was. So they were going to head back to the church to ask Yuno and Nash to help them test out this theory.

~Main Story~

While Lily and Asta were on their way back to the church, she got out her royal blue, elegant black bordered six leaf clover grimoire and flipped through the pages. There were lots of wind-based magic spells and spells for summoning various melee weapons other than her scythe inscribed on the pages. But the lettering for the magic spells were faded gray in color whereas the lettering for the weapon summoning spells were prominent black in color. These details piqued Lily's interest and she tugged on Asta's sleeve to get his attention.

"Hey Asta, check this out." Lily said as Asta stopped in his tracks and glanced at her with curiosity.

"What is it Lil?" Asta asked Lily as she gestured for him to take a look at her grimoire. He approached her and leaned over her shoulder so he could see what she wanted to show him. She started to explain the peculiar details to him.

"I have lots of wind-based spells in my grimoire as well as spells for summoning various melee weapons. But look at how the wind spell glyphs are gray and the weapon summoning spell glyphs are black. If my grimoire doesn't store the magic attributes my scythe comes in contact with, then why are there even wind-based spells printed on the pages?" Lily asked Asta who shrugged.

"I don't know. Maybe the wind spells appear faded in color because you can't use them right now. Try summoning a different weapon other than your scythe. We already know that you can't use the wind magic." Asta suggested as Lily nodded and prepared to summon a nodachi style sword from her grimoire. Lily's grimoire floated up from her hand and hovered as shining bright blue light aura surrounded it and the handle of an extra long katana-like sword emerged from the pages which she grabbed and pulled out.

"It seems like the spells in black are usable and the spells in gray are unusable." Lily confirmed as Asta smiled. She willed the nodachi sword to be returned back to her grimoire and it dissipated in a very faint smoke-like cloud that dispersed into the air.

"Good! We solved one mystery. Now we just need to find Yuno and Nash so we can test out my theory. Come on let's go!" Asta said as he grabbed Lily's hand, which caused her to blush slightly as he started running towards the church with her. Yuno was outside the church building, using his wind magic to dry the laundry for Sister Lily while Arlu and Horo giggled and clapped in amusement as the clothes rapidly spun in a ball of swirling air. Rekka stood between the two young children with her hands on their shoulders. Nash stood behind them with his usual dull bored expression with his arms up behind his head.

"Hey Yuno, Nash! You guys got a minute?" Asta asked loudly to get their attention as he came to a stop with her right beside him. Yuno finished drying the laundry and used his magic to manipulate the air currents to fold the clothes and linens and float into the empty laundry basket in Sister Lily's arms before turning towards Lily and Asta along with everyone else.

"Thanks for all your help Yuno. You and Nash can go see what Asta and Lily need of you. Rekka, Arlu and Horo come with me." Sister Lily said as she started walking away towards the church doors with the basket of clean folded laundry, the three children following close behind her. Yuno sighed and approached two of them with Nash following behind him.