𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

two weeks later.
february 12, 2023.
seattle, washington.

Melina

"And have the students showed any progression since the course started a month ago?"

I nod immediately interlocking my hands. "Students have showed a tremendous amount of progression.

Seeing as they were placed in this program with no knowledge of its benefits only that it would help them stay eligible for sports, they weren't the most upbeat children the first day.

But as time went on and we interacted more with each other and formed a positive rapport, they use their God given skills and continue to show great resilience in my classroom.

It's a pleasure to teach them."

The principal and the teachers smile brightly happily jotting down the notes.

Today, I was required to give my one month check in on the students here at Easton Liberty.

They need to keep record of how well the athletes are doing to make sure they're still eligible to play in sports.

And by the report I just gave them:

"Alright. As of today February 12, 2023, all students are still eligible for NHSBA sports. Thank you Ms. Tatum."

"You're very welcome. Have a great day." I said shaking each of their hands before heading to the door.

I walk out to see Donovan leaning against the wall scrolling on his phone.

"Aren't you supposed to be upstairs watching our kids?" I asked him as he looked up.

"Technically no. It's your class, I've just always sat in there for emotional support." He shrugged.

"For me or for them?"

"Well it was for them at first. Now, it's for both of you." He said and I smiled. "Cute."

"In reality, I'm allowed to go home when that bell rings." He said as we step into the elevator.

"Oh yeah? Then take your ass home." I said keeping my eyes trained on the sign above us indicating the floors flying by.

"Mmm, I think I'll stay right here." He said digging his hands in his pocket.

"Oh, that reminds me." He said as the doors open and we step out.

I look over at him to see he's pulling a small envelope out his pocket before handing it to me. "What's this?"

"Open it."

I open the envelope seeing 12 tickets in it. "You mentioned something about your family wanting to come to the game."

"And I also told you to let me know when the tickets went on sale so I can pay for them. You didn't have to do this, Donovan." I said looking at him pointedly.