𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

two days later.
march 22, 2023.
seattle, washington.

Grier

"I'm so glad they had a guest speaker on campus. I did not feel like giving a lecture today."

I look over at Melina as she yawns pushing the cart down the aisle.

The girls and I decided to cook and have breakfast with each other this morning. Only problem was, none of us had breakfast food in our homes.

So here we are, at 8:00am inside Whole Foods, deciding on what to eat, sporting our pajamas.

Nico and Noah come around the corner with bottles of juice in their hands. "They ain't have White Cran-Peach. But they had the Strawberry." Nico said.

"Aight bet, toss it in."

"So, we got Bacon, Sausage, Potatoes, Grits, Fresh Fruit, and Eggs that are raising terribly in price." Noah listed off.

"$15 for eggs is disgusting. Wait 'til we get to that register. They gon' have to see me." Melina said with a scoff.

"Last thing we need is a bread. Pancakes, Waffles, or French Toast?" I asked them.

"Last time I ate Pancakes, I threw that shit right back up." Noah said.

"No pancakes." I crossed off with a chuckle and they laugh.

"Oooh, what about that Pound Cake French Toast?" Nico asked.

"Ugh, that sounds so good." Melina said.

Before any of us can say anything, I hear my name being called. "Grier Houghton."

We all turn around and my eyes soften seeing a delivery guy with a big bouquet of Camellias.

"Special Birthday Delivery from Tim Houghton."

I smile grabbing the flowers from him. "Thank you so much."

"You're welcome, and Happy Birthday." He said with a smile before walking away.

"It always amazes me that he always knows where I am." I said sniffing the flowers.

"Guilty." Noah said holding up her phone and I laugh.

I pull out my phone opening the camera. "Smile."

We pose for the picture before I send it to my dad thanking him. "Aight, let's get this pound cake and then we can-"

Nico stops talking in the middle of her sentence and I turn around to see she bumped into someone. "Sor-"

"We gotta stop meeting like this."

I squint at the man recognizing him as the guy from the bar. "Isn't that-" Noah mumbles to Lina and I and we nod.