Chapter 4: Carlos' explanation

"What the hell Tony? Were you trying for a turkey?" Jack said to Carlos, clearly pissed. "And why is [Name] here? I thought he wasn't involved."

"Well," you replied. "I accidentally killed Kieffer earlier today so..."

Jack's expression transformed into a more tired look. "Honestly, why am I surprised?"

"Look dude! I know you're upset." Carlos replied, his body language clearly meant he was trying to calm Jack down. "And wait, you killed Kieffer kid?"

You nodded. "Yeah, he insulted my mom so I punched him so hard that he snapped his neck! Honestly, I regret nothing! He deserved it!"

Carlos nodded at that with a confused look. "Damn! I never expected that! Kinda messed up!"

"I know Carlos," you replied blatantly. "I know..."

Jack narrowed his eyes. He looked like he was going into a home with the intention to do harm.

"Yeah. But do you know why I'm upset?"

You looked around the beer coolers and sighed.

"I think it's because we've been killing the same guy multiple times!"

"No [Name]," Jack replied. "But I will tell you that it's a part of why I'm not happy!"

Carlos then replied with "Look man, I should've told you okay? But I didn't want you to get involved. Just in case Y'know? If anyone's going to get blamed for this. It should be me and only me!"

Jack then sighed. A long silence followed. Nobody really spoke until Jack broke the silence.

"Will you help me restock the beers then?" Jack asked. "Then you can tell me what happened!"

Carlos nodded and started restocking the booze. Jack then turned to you.

"As for you kid," He stated blatantly. "Tell me what happened earlier. I want to hear everything that happened!"

You immediately nodded. You then walked in and sat on the floor.

"Well," you said, taking a deep breath before continuing. "I was outside right? I took out the trash until suddenly. Kieffer showed up, looking like he wanted to cause trouble! I asked him what he wanted. But he then started insulting me! So I insulted him back! But my cool was dead as JFK when he started talking sh*t about my mom. And when he mentioned him..."

You took another deep breath. And then continued.

"I came and gave him a haymaker so hard that it broke his neck! Then Spencer Middleton came in, said he was proud of me for accidentally murdering someone. And then picked up the dead Kieffer and gave me about two-hundred bucks in twenty-dollar bills before leaving. And that's how I killed a drunk politician!"

You purposely left out the crying part for obvious reasons.

Jack blinked for a few minutes. Trying to process the information you just gave him. He then sighed.

"Damn. Spencer paid you an extra hundred bucks more than me? That's clearly weird for someone like him to do! Anyways," he looked at Carlos before speaking again. "Just make sure to not kill Kieffer as much as possible alright? I don't want any more drama then we already have."

You nodded in agreement. "Greatly noted."

Carlos then came in after restocking the booze. The former criminal looks calm and collected. But deep down you know he's stressed. And it seems like you're going to hear another ridiculous way Kieffer died.