Onto the bus! - I

Trigger warnings! Cigarettes, Swearing, and reference to SH

ENJOY!

Neteyam's POV

"Thank you all! See you in Miami!" I run off stage quicker than I usually would. My heart is racing and my hands feel sweaty. I put my hands inside my hair. Holy fuck man. That performance sucked, you forgot the lyrics to the song you wrote?! You were so off-key the entire time.
"Tey, are you okay?" My younger sister, Kiri has her hand on my face. She stayed out of this show because she wanted to work on costumes and study for a math exam. "I'm fine Kiri. I'm going to get on the bus." I grab my backpack and run to the bus. I can't deal right now...My vision is blurry and I feel like I'm suffocating. I can't run anymore, my lungs feel like they're being compressed. I stumble up the steps and into the bus and onto my bed. I hear laughter and footsteps coming from outside the bus. "DUDE! That guitar riff sounded great tonight!" Rotxo is jumping around on the bus. Nung shushes everyone and through my braids I see him sign something to Reya and Ro. My eyes have tears in them but I quickly blink them away. "Hey Net, are you okay? You ran away as soon as you said bye." Everyone is sitting on the beds around me while I cover my face with my braids. My breathing is still shallow. "I'm fine, Fine, fine. I'm just tired!" I push Aonungs hand away and turn towards the wall. I don't want them to start to worry about me again.

Next morning

"Hey Tey, We're going back to San Fran and staying in the house for 3 weeks!" My little sister is always so cheery during the mornings. She holds her blue bear close to her. "T, why do you still carry around that bear? You're thirteen now." Lo'ak walks out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. "Lo, Leave Tuk alone you know exactly why she carries it around." The reason Tuk carries it around is that 1. Our parents gave it to her when she was 3. 2. She wants to keep a part of her childhood which was cut short at 5 because of this band.

"Fuck you, Lo'ak." Our sister walks to her top bunk and sits down aggressively.
"HEY! Tuktirey don't use that word in that manner," I say as I get out of my bed. I look out the window to find Aonunt smoking with Ro and Lo'ak and Reya being a couple as usual. They've been together since they were 11, so 4 years of a healthy relationship. I remember the concert they announced their relationship at. Everyone screamed in congratulations or envy. They got millions of hate comments but they didn't care. They are truly in love with each other, like myself and...Him. That's another story though, it's long gone from his side at least. I get dressed in simple cargo pants and a beige shirt. I walk outside and sit on top of the table next to Rotxo "Yo what are you smoking?"
"You know what man!" I take the joint from him and take a deep inhale, I do this until I've finished off a small portion. I wanted to finish off but Nung took it away from me. "Net, slow down. I don't want you smoking that much in that short amount of time!" He's standing under me with his hands on my knees. I'm towering over him and I get a squeezy feeling in my stomach again. Neteyam, stop that. "Aonung, don't tell me what to do. You're not my father." I push his hands away and hold myself. He lifts my chin and moves closer to me. "Just make out already, Jesus." Kiri laughs at us. I try to pull away but Aonung pulls me closer. "Net, please talk to me. You're stressed I know you are." He moves closer to my ear and whispers. "I found them taped under your bed." My breathing hitches, I didn't think anyone would find them.   "Excuse me." I get up and quickly walk into the bus. I pace around the bus, hitting my head repeatedly with the heel of my palms.  Aonung what the hell? Why did you do that?

Conversation outside. Everyone is outside except for Neteyam.

L: "Aonung what the fuck! What did you fucking say to him!?" Lo'ak pushes his finger into Aonungs chest

A: "Nothing! I just asked if he was okay! Jesus.." Aonung backs away and sits in the spot Neteyam was in

R: "Why were you blushing Aon? You guys got real close there!"

A: "I um...I don't know man."

Tsireya: "Aonung you love him still don't you? You're the one who broke up with him. Also, you both were 12! Five years ago Aon! It's not like you were gonna last forever!"

A: "I know that Rey! I know I broke up with him! I don't give a shit if we were twelve! I loved him and I still do! I wanted it to last forever, and I still do! I hate those guys who flirt with him or kiss him at the meet-and-greets. At our concerts! I fucking hate it because he's supposed to be mine! I broke up with him because I couldn't handle everyone sexualizing us! And it made me uncomfortable. I want him back..." Aonung is walking around the table his hands inside his hair. His arms aggressively move with his words. He yells but not enough for Neteyam to hear him. He crouches to the floor and lets tears fall down his cheeks.

All the memories come back. Him and Neteyam holding hands everywhere. Sharing their first kiss. All the feelings they shared. Everything comes flooding back to him.

A: "I want it back Reya..."

Word count: 1005
I love this sm tbh! I hope you do too! I love you guys! Bye, lovelies! 🫶🏼 -Zion