Prologue

Marcy navigated through the crowd of people, which was not an easy task since she was at such a packed party.

She somehow managed to get through without getting crushed, and she breathed a sigh of relief before standing in the corner and sipping some punch. She looked around, but she couldn't recognize anyone, and it made her anxiety skyrocket. For a second, she considered just playing video games on her Nintendo Switch that she had snuck in or just leaving altogether.

The only reason she had come to this party was because of her best friends, Sasha and Anne, but neither of them seemed to be anywhere in sight.

She took a deep breath but jolted when someone touched her shoulder.

She quickly spun around with wide eyes before relaxing when she saw who it was.

"Anne!" She grinned before throwing her arms around the girl who was was caught off guard but quickly caught her in her arms, which made Marcy smile and nuzzle into her.

"Thank goodness you're here. I couldn't find you or Sasha anywhere!"

The brunette softly chuckled before pulling away, which made a loss of warmth cross over both of them, but they chose to ignore it.

"Let's get out of here," Anne said while looking around.

"As long as you hold me near, you can take me anywhere," Marcy whispered, but quickly regretted it since she didn't mean to say it out loud.

Anne's eyes widened, and she quickly looked at her, which made Marcy blush in embarrassment, and she quickly tried to stammer out an excuse. "B-Because I don't like anybody here but you."

That was way more flirtatious than Marcy wanted it to be, causing her to frantically wave her hands around to try and let Anne know that was not how she meant it, but stopped when she heard the brunette laugh.

Marcy found Anne's laughter to be contagious and couldn't help but smile as her cheeks heated up at the angelic sound coming from her.

Anne covered her mouth to try and stifle her laughs, but it didn't really help much, and Marcy wanted to pretend to be annoyed, but she found it hard to when she found the other girl so adorably cute at the moment.

"Relax Marcy, I know what you meant!"

Marcy sighed in relief as Anne calmed her laughing while clearing her throat, and she turned around before grabbing Marcy's hand, the action making an unwanted blush spread across Marcy's cheeks.

"C'mon, you're just in time! They're playing party games or something over there, dude!" She said and walked off, dragging the girl with her, not that Marcy really minded.

Anne was so caught up in making their way to the room where the party game was being held that she didn't notice their interlocked hands or how red it made Marcy's cheeks.

They entered the room where a group of people were sitting in the middle of, and they quickly walked over and sat down in one of the empty spaces.

Anne let go of Marcy's hand at that point, much to Marcy's disappointment, but she brushed it aside, reminding herself that she had no reason to be disappointed.

Once group of teenagers on the floor noticed the two, they turned to them as one of them said, "Oh hey, we're playing truth or dare,"

Marcy felt her nerves beginning to grow at that. She always hated this game since people were most likely going to ask something to embarrass the others or dare them to do something extremely outrageous.

Even though Marcy clearly was against the idea of the game, Anne was quite the opposite, she even seemed ecstatic about it and it showed when her eyes lit up.